port forwarding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• port forwarding

Hey guise, I'm trying to set up port forwarding for uTorrent, but I'm having trouble.

I'm running a D-Link DSL-504T ADSL router, and a Belkin 54g wireless router.

Do I have to set up the ports in both devices? Do I setup the same ports in both?
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

I originally had a set-up involving a Belkin Modem (supplied by iiNet) and a Belkin 54G. Since then I've simply bridged the modem and only have to configure any port forwarding (plus the ADSL authentication information) just on the router, which is simpler but kinda makes the VOIP lines on the modem useless, which I don't really mind.

Beforehand I think I forwarded the ports on the modem to the router's IP address and then configured the router to port forward the ports to the individual PCs. Hope this helps.
    Originally posted by Koola
    Someone sig this.

Comment

Not really, I'm not sure what you did there?
      Do I have to change the LAN IP my 'virtual server' setting on the router to the address of the wireless router?
      If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Originally posted by Semi View Post
        Not really, I'm not sure what you did there?
        Do I have to change the LAN IP my 'virtual server' setting on the router to the address of the wireless router?
        Yes, forward your ports on the modem to the LAN IP of the 54G. I'm guessing the router is the only unit plugged into the modem, and on mine the modem is 10.1.1.1 and the router becomes 10.1.1.2 (sorry not at home so can't check!). From 54G your computers and devices will be given IP addresses like 192.168.2.#. If you have a few computers/devices using the router I would suggest setting static IP addresses for the ones you want to forward to, outside of the range of your DHCP (which you'll find in the config of the 54G). I have two XBoxes, the iPhone and 5 PCs on the network and so the XBoxes and the PCs required port forwarding. I fixed their IPs and anything else/visitors just get a DHCP assigned one.
        Someone sig this.

Comment

this may help if you havent already tried it semi..

im using a netgear wireless router and d-link modem and i only need to forward the router..

Comment

Damnit, i'm confused. Do i set the lan IP of the modem to 10.1.1.2 and set the wireless to that, or do i set the modem IP to the 192.168 address?

Comment

Originally posted by rudleo View Post
              this may help if you havent already tried it semi..

im using a netgear wireless router and d-link modem and i only need to forward the router..
              No dice, hasnt helped. Do you have a wireless router and a modem, or a wireless router and a modem-router?

Comment

Does your router have UPnP?

It should 'just work' with uTorrent if you check the "Enable upnp port mapping" option under connection.

Comment

sorry i didnt read your first post properly..

i have a wireless router and a modem so it may work a bit differently..

Comment

I have a Modem-Router (the white box with the VOIP thingos) which now doesn't do any actual Routering, just modeming. The Wireless-N Belkin Router I have does all the work but never mind this, it's just an alternative.

The LAN IP of your modem (the first link in the chain) should already automatically be set to 10.1.1.1, and using it's routing function it will set your wireless router to 10.1.1.2

You can check this on the 54G, handily I have one here. Under LAN settings on your 54G on the home page it will tell you the address that it has, it should be 10.1.1.2. You need to configure port forwarding on the modem to forward to this address. From then on it's simply a matter of configuring the 54G to forward those ports to your PC.

Edit: Sorry if I'm being confusing it's been a while since I had a similar set-up!
                    Someone sig this.

Comment

The wireless router has a WAN IP (under internet settings) of 10.1.1.3
                      and an IP address (under LAN settings) of 192.168.2.1

Should I congfigure my forwarding on the modem to PF to the 10.1.1.3 address?

Comment

The wireless router has a WAN IP (under internet settings) of 10.1.1.3
                        and an IP address (under LAN settings) of 192.168.2.1

Should I congfigure my forwarding on the modem to PF to the 10.1.1.3 address?
                        Bingo! Let us know how it goes...
                        Someone sig this.

Comment

The problem is that you own dlink

Comment

Originally posted by Murley View Post
                            Bingo! Let us know how it goes...
                            not working

Comment

not working
                              FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Try rebooting the bastards several times, when I was setting up the XBoxes it just wouldn't "click" until I had "power-cycled" them. If all else fails the WLeeS
                              Someone sig this.

Comment

Working...
                              X