getting excited about the new ps3 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting excited about the new ps3 thread

New playstation 3 slim out this week (3/9). Lower price. ($499).
    Built in wifi and blu-ray playback.

Think i may need to pick one up...

I was a bit dubious on the blu-ray / hd-dvd playback quality improvement until i got a blu-ray burner for the pc and tried it out on the TV. Still pics don't do it justice, it really is clearer.

want...
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

i has old ps3.. need more racing games for it.. or UT3 (keyboard and mouse goodness to smash the controller freaks)

It's slimmer and cheaper, right?

Just in time for christmas.. well done Sony, market share = urz.
    comic sans is OKAY!

Comment

I hope with the rising popularity it'll mean we get more exclusive games that use every last pixel.

I wasn't impressed when I discovered that GTA4 uses a resolution only slightly above SD.

Comment

whats to get excited?? thinner that teh first.... not backwards compatible to PS2 games...WOW has a blu-ray

Comment

Originally posted by R1 Yammie View Post
          whats to get excited??
          $500 for a blu-ray machine that plays Wipeout HD is a bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by R1 Yammie View Post
            whats to get excited?? thinner that teh first.... not backwards compatible to PS2 games...WOW has a blu-ray
            Blu-Ray player, cheaper, wifi, etc etc etc.
            And why would you want backward compatibility to an inferior product?

Comment

so what's new? wifi?

Consoles are always discounted during their lifecycle. Wasn't the PS3 about a grand when first released?

I won't be rushing out to buy one
              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Nah they always had Wifi/Blu-Ray, but it's cheaper and thinner now and less of a finger-print magnet.

Edit: I got rid of my old one but am interested in picking up one of these.
                Originally posted by Koola
                Someone sig this.

Comment

ill get one the day they do a FF7 remake and it can be chipped!

Comment

FF7 *is* out, and it plays on PS3 AND PSP. I'm playing it on both atm. Goto the Playstation Store and check it out, it's only 15 bux.

5 hunj wing wangs is still pretty cheap for a blu-ray player, if nothing else. Having said that, there's nothing wrong with my normal PS3, so I'm in no rush to go out and buy a slimline. But ALSO having said that, I've had the 2nd iteration playstations all the way thru too, starting off with the dunny ps1, to the PSOne, then the PS2, then the PS2 Slimline, and then the PS3 (and PSP) so now I guess I WILL be getting a slimline, but only when the current workhorse dies in the arse.
                    Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Yeah if you have a ps3 you don't need one.

but as said, cheap blu-ray, and it plays ps3 games.

backwards compat is over-rated - i have a library of over 40 genuine ps1 games, and was keen on backwards compat when i bought the ps2. i've used it 3 times in the past 8 years.

and i have a ps1 and ps2 anyway if i get desperate.

and even if i didn't i could get one from ebay for 50 bucks or whatever...
                      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

plus the 120 gig hdd, don't forget run a copy of PS3 server and stream music, vid etc over wifi or ethernet to it.

Just checked out VidZone on my PS3, music vids, quite good, can create playlists etc. They have their own playlists, for example Funny vids, just watched a few on there, Bloodhound gang, Weird Al Yankovic etc. Good machines, oh yeah and the blu-ray. Cheap really when you consider what it does.
                        Originally posted by Abuse this
                        Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mcmurray View Post
                          $500 for a blu-ray machine that plays Wipeout HD is a bargain.
                          Ah, the good old days. Wip3out

havent tried the newer versions apartfrom Fusion, which sucked because the tracks were so wide it making it incredibly easy

Comment

Lol, Wip3out, the good old days? Worst of the series.

Try the mother of all orsmness that is Wipeout 2097.

Wipeout HD, get on that shit. You really gotta tap that.
                            Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Actually I had wipeout 3 se. but i found 2097 not so enjoyable after the newer one. but irrelevant nevertheless

Comment

Working...
                              X