how do i go about enrolling at uni?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i go about enrolling at uni?

Hey guys, i gradated in 2007, I was doing physics, chem, applic, english and phys ed (non-TEE), and i sat both sets of mock exams, but left after those and decided not to go through with the TEE exam as my english wasn't up to scratch and to pursue other interests
    I understand you have to be 20 on march 1st on the year of application for a STAT test, that wont be till 2011 for me though.
    How do i apply if i want to go to uni next year?
    wood for life? wood is life.
    Originally posted by thro
    i only squid it when riding pissed.

Posting on PSB was before calling the University you want to enroll in on you list of options ?

Comment

A bridging course ?

Personally I'd call up a uni and ask them.
      No luck there or something?

Comment

Originally posted by nath View Post
        Posting on PSB was before calling the University you want to enroll in on you list of options ?
        Maybe tafe is the safer option hey.
        Originally posted by Semi
        I ride slowly because I'm a massive faggot.

Comment

Originally posted by nath View Post
          Doing the work yourself is hard, bro.
          FTP

Comment

I'm not trying to be a "Desmo"... it just doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

So you don't have a TER/ATAR?
              Without one of those, and being classed as a school leaver you'll need bridging courses or TAFE or whatever first I'd think.

I assume you've read the TISC Online website (or maybe not, since the info you need is on there)... So once you've done that, contact the enrolment people at the uni of your choice and ask them what you just asked here/

Comment

im out in the middle of the desert and i cant be screwed walking up to the camp office to make a phone call, its too hot outside
                no i dont have a TER, as i didnt complete the TEE external exams.

Comment

What degree do you want to do? This largely determines how much the university cares about your prerequisites.

Comment

I was thinking geology, after spending time out here i quite like the idea, and ive been doing alot of mapping with a gps and learning about all the processes, I find it interesting

Comment

Originally posted by harns View Post
                      im out in the middle of the desert and i cant be screwed walking up to the camp office to make a phone call, its too hot outside
                      no i dont have a TER, as i didnt complete the TEE external exams.
                      Who the hell needs to make a phone call? Email them all, its easy as you can copy-paste.

Read through the TISC website I posted above while you wait for their responses.

You might need to wait until you can be classified as a mature age student to enrol without a TER, but check with the admissions people first.

On a side note, why the hell would you do 2 years of TEE subjects to pussy out and not take a couple of exams at the end?
                      Illogical decisions are illogical.

Comment

ive been scouring the TISC website for info but there seems to be nothing about it..
                        I just realised my english was far too poor and it would drop my TER too much, i had to complete the english competency test to pass for the year

Comment

Before I take the piss, is english not your 1st language, or did you just not try?

(FWIW I FAILED high school english, because I felt surfing was more important.)

When I sat the STAT test, I pissed it in. If you can spell and punctuate, you'll be fine.
                          Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

i just didnt really care at all about it, calculator snake was way funner

Comment

You should be alright at it man, in all seriousness if you're not dyslexic or retarded you'll be fine. I did the STAT a DECADE later, and got in the top 2%. (FIGJAM)
                              Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Working...
                              X