postage costs from overseas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• postage costs from overseas

hey guys, just got through to the bloke im buying the Numark NS7 from, and he has put $400US for the postage cost?
    its the NS7 + carry case, probably weighing between 30 and 40 kilos all up i think, about 90cm long, 30 or 40cm wide and 15 cm high
    being from Qatar to Perth
    is this right? seems a bit steep
    anyone with knowledge could you please offer some help? thanks

edit, the shipping details: 38 kilos all up, W/H/D = 35x12x21.5 inches or 89x30.5x55 cm
    Last edited by harns; 06-09-2009, 03:38 PM.
    wood for life? wood is life.
    Originally posted by thro
    i only squid it when riding pissed.

edit: it turns out paypal doesnt let you send payments to Qatar, and he suggested western union.. is there any way i can get him to verify his identity and insure myself against a scam or should i just steer clear?
    he has provided a phone number to talk to him on and he seems to speak good english.. hasn't tried to use some phoney name either his email is [email protected].
    personally i trust him but im not sure

Comment

ebay does say stay clear from western union, same thing but on ebay UK to here is $163.44
      "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Do you want it so much that you are willing to loose it all if it goes wrong???

I'd say if in doubt wait and get it somewhere else

Comment

Numark NS7? $400 postage?!
          "Live Long and Prosper"

Bayswater Martial Arts and Yoga Centre

Comment

Stuff that harns, paypal or nothing. I would try to get out of it. What's his feedback?
            PSB Roller - http://soundcloud.com/talon

Comment

Just reading up a bit, that's one helluva expensive control surface! And 21kg for the control surface alone, not very convenient if you're looking to go mobile.

You could do what that does with a Vestax VCI-100 (Digital DJ | Vestax Japan) running Traktor DJ Pro.
              PSB Roller - http://soundcloud.com/talon

Comment

Not saying this on is a scam, but Western union is the preferred way of payment for most scammers. Also if you do buy, find out if any insurance against loss covers the large freight component.
                Google is your friend for finding scams, as its probably been tried before. If you have emails from the seller, paste blocks of text out of the email into google, you may be suprised.
                Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

ok get this, ive been talking to him for a while... hes sent me a photo of himself holding his ID (can see holograms on it) and a few other photos of some ID, ive done the same.
                  western union charge fuckin 60 dollars to send 800, which is shit, so i didnt use them.
                  i need this piece of gear for a party im meant to play at on the 19th so i told him the urgency, and he agreed to send it today and let me pay him later..
                  which is awesome because i can use a bank or card transfer which would take a few days anyway
                  guess the bloke trusts me, ill prob wait for it to arrive before sending anything though
                  i gave him my postal address and contact number, hes tried to call the number but its my place in perth, im at the mines still so my grandma answered it haha

Comment

Working...
                  X