Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow Leopard Email help

Hokai so.

I jave my new mac with Snow Leopard. I have setup my iinet email in the Mail app and am able to DL my iinet email howefver it will not let me send. I have gone thru the settings on iinet but tey only show for 10.5 not 10.6 and the setup is one or two screens different. Anyone else have this probl;em before with POP email ? I have tried wth and wthout outgoing SSL ... with and wthout pwd auth .. nothing seems to work

Have you gone through this?
    https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/Email_guide
    PSB Roller - http://soundcloud.com/talon

Comment

Yea been through that. Used to help people with email configs on laptops wth mobile wireless devices but I just cannot get this orking on the new mac (first mac I have owned) normally with pop 3 you can get it working just my trying the diff outgoing auth settings but nothig I do seems to work. I am flummoxed .. I even googled and found nothing

Comment

what email client are you using? I use Thunderbird and am with iinet with my macs, so I hope this helps.

On setting for smtp server you must have username and password passed back as iinet mail server requires authentication

Comment

What settings are you using?
          POP3 for incoming, SMTP for outgoing?

Comment

Gmail.
            My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Just upgraded to SL with no change to mail.

SMTP setting should be as simple as mail.iinet.net.au with no authentication. This will ONLY work, though, when you're connected to the net via an iinet service. So if you're using that computer elsewhere (eg at work etc) then it won't work.
              "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Pretty sure you need smtp server address as mail.m.iinet.net.au and put your username and password in as it needs it to send mail.

Comment

Nope, mail.iinet.net.au

Comment

Originally posted by Psyched View Post
                    Pretty sure you need smtp server address as mail.m.iinet.net.au and put your username and password in as it needs it to send mail.
                    Showing your age there mate

as Desmo said, just plain mail.iinet.net.au will work for outgoing now

Comment

yea tried all that. currently trying to use it at home for the moment but no dice. Just using the standard mail app that comes with it. I shall have a fiddle and see how I go ... if worst comes to worst I'll just go through the webmail client on the webpage instead. either or Thanks for all the advice tho

Comment

Working...
                      X