Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going out for photos tonight, need location

Gents, ladies,

I think I need to force myself out of the house this evening for some photography practice.

At the forefront of my mind is the old freo power station. Does anybody have any recommendations for locations along that vein? Think 'industrial' or 'urban decay'.

Failing that, I can't really be too fussy, just want to go take some photographs. Other location suggestions welcome also.
    such comment
    wow
    many post

If you're going to the power station, call me. I'll PM my number

"Always out-numbered, never out-gunned"

Comment

power station east perth?.....

Comment

I thought the site was still under construction Sandra. I'll check the website. Thanks for reminding me to check!

Comment

well he said industrial or urban decay....fits both

Comment

yep East Perth powerstation yeah!! Nice looking old industrial place.
            Originally posted by Abuse this
            Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Fits more into beaurocratic red tape Its still in "planning" stage since 2005 (according to the website) Bloody union jobs

Comment

lol.....with the "recession" it might take longer

Comment

+ 1 for Power Station. Just down the road from me and a great locale for phot. Some of the recent graffiti down there is worthy of a frame.

Comment

Originally posted by officer down View Post
                    + 1 for Power Station.
                    East Perth or Freo mate?
                    such comment
                    wow
                    many post

Comment

Sth Fremantle. Not sure what the light will be like this arvo but the cloud cover doesn't look that bad.

Comment

Hey mate if ure going down to take a couple of shots let me know, might want to come along.

Comment

Careful of a few things, particularly at night:
                          1. Carpark there is famous amongst divers for break-ins. You will get a window smashed for a $2 coin in the centre console.
                          2. From the time you break in through the fence until the next security patrol boots you out, apparently, you'll have about 1.5-2 hours. So don't muck about.
                          3. Watch out for tetanusy metal and tree hugging heppy needles.
                          4. Don't worry about looking out for the asbestos dust and PCBs - you can't see them.

Enjoy!!!

Other places worth a wander/drive are the back alleys in Perth CBD (walkies) and a drive through the Kwinana industrial area - lots of lights, pipes, rust and stuff there.
                          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                            Tips
                            Cheers dude.

Was planning on riding.. haven't been down before but taking a look at Google Maps now for the best place to park up and get in. Any tips for that?

**edit: Fuck, the way the weathers turning it might just be a night at home instead
                            Last edited by Sunshine & F'n Rainbows; 06-09-2009, 12:35 PM.
                            such comment
                            wow
                            many post

Comment

Last edited by officer down; 06-09-2009, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X