Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Party Lighting and control, (laser/strobe/dmx ect)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Party Lighting and control, (laser/strobe/dmx ect)

Ok so now im chasing up some lighting for a decent powerful party set up.
    at the moment all i have are some coloured floodlights and a 20 watt strobe from the dick house (no homo)
    Is anyone experienced in this area? I have a few questions:

Whats an adequate amount of power on a laser system, and how many tunnels/what colours should i get?
    Im looking at a 4 tunnel RGY 260mw setup for about 300 on ebay
    What about a strobe light? is 1500W too powerful for my kinda setup?
    and finally how does the DMX512 or DMX controller work with this stuff, and is it worth getting or should i just set them all to sound activate/auto?

sorry about so many off-topic posts on this forum but its the only forum i go on and its got such a broad community and lots of help, thanks again guys!
    chris
    wood for life? wood is life.
    Originally posted by thro
    i only squid it when riding pissed.

Are we invited to the rave?

If it's going to be a once every couple years thing you might want to think about hiring them out instead.
    Free android puzzle game
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TempleOfMedina

Comment

nah im moving into it as a second job, i got a few offers for 18ths and stuff and ive done a few so far people like the music i play haha
      prob will get used every second weekend or more
      i already own some gear and am more than happy to do a party for free or a carton of beer or something if you know anyone and its my kinda age/music/people

Comment

DJing parties is good fun

The cheapest and most effective/popular effect is a rotating mirrorball. A couple of different coloured pinspots will really set it off.

Jaycar have a couple of laser effects, and I saw one there for under $200. If you go in and have a look, the guys will probably set one up so that you can see it before you buy. And once you get the numbers, it will give you a rough idea of how powerful the others will be.

Don't forget that, with strobes, there is a legal limit to the amount of time that you can run them for (due to epilepsy).

Also, a smoke machine is good, but a dry ice machine is much better.

Rope lights are also cheap and effective, and UV lights are almost a requirement.

With DMX, it depends on what your budget is like. You can get a cheap 4 channel controller new for around $200, but because it's not programmable, you're going to spend most of your time running it, and not much else.

With strobes, it's probably better to get a set of 3 or 4 linkable strobes. They will give you better floor fill than one big one, as you can spread them out. And in smaller areas, you can easily cut down to 1 or 2.

Have fun, and good luck!
        '====
        //`
        -Magilla
        They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
        Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Comment

i ended up buying a 1500 watt strobe with adjustable speed and brightness, dmx compatible - 100 bucks
          and a 4 tunnel 300mW RGY laser with independent drivers, 15kpps scanning for 400 delivered!
          should all arrive here early next week..
          let me know if anyone wants to have a bash on the ns7 or is willing to let me try out for a party or something, im learning but learning fast

Comment

You sound like your on the right track...
            Start off with set to sound activate, but be aware of where you put them - they can be prone to reflection and ghosting, especially if you have a Cop Bringer bass machine! :p
            See how that goes before getting the DMX - my 2c

If you want a forum to ask the serious players - inthemix
            or if you can brave it... Teknoscape
            Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
            One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
            . .

Comment

All good advice here so far,
              wouldnt worry about dmx for the gear you are talking about.
              like people have said you NEED a smoke/fog machine, that with some moving(LOTS o different types for all budgets) should have you just about set up.

the lazers are nice, but without smoke a bit of a waste.

if you wanting to buy anything else pm me, i got contacts for just about all of it.

Comment

i already own a smoke machine..

Comment

Working...
                X