Advertising / Promotion Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising / Promotion Query

If you found a niche product for house decorating that wasn't being really advertised/promoted/used here in Perth, what do you reckon the best way to get noticed would be?

Thinking either one of those Home Expos / magazines / brouchure mailout to interior decorators?

Any ideas?

Originally posted by Brougham View Post
    If you found a niche product for house decorating that wasn't being really advertised/promoted/used here in Perth, what do you reckon the best way to get noticed would be?

Thinking either one of those Home Expos / magazines / brouchure mailout to interior decorators?

Any ideas?
    mailouts would be the cheaper option, then when you get some business going you can do the more expensive things like magazine ads. If you think the product would really thrive you can even hire a independent rep or act as one yourself and take some brochure's to the managers of the relevant stores.

One of the best way to find out if your product will sell would actually be going down to a interior design store and asking them what they think of it and if they think it would sell.

If your ordering from overseas make sure you place your order from the manufacturer only once you have confirmed orders from clients ^_^

Good luck and if you are serious about getting into trading I'd recommend the Book 'How Small business trades worldwide' by John Wiley Spiers. Great stuff if you can get into it

Comment

Um, I've been running a fairly successul business for about 3yrs now, but thanks for the tip!

this is a new product I've gotten my hands on that relates to my printing business.

Comment

Can't use the same kinda approach you've already been using, ie leverage off your existing market?

Buy three prints and I'll spray this awesome shit on one of them/give you this XYZ/whatever for free? (knowing that half the time they'll turn around and pay for it on the other two...)
        "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Brougham View Post
          Um, I've been running a fairly successul business for about 3yrs now, but thanks for the tip!

this is a new product I've gotten my hands on that relates to my printing business.
          LOL ohshit sorry didn't realize

Comment

Nah, nothing like that Simon. Totally different product, different market most likely and a bit exxy too.

Comment

oic...

Maybe get a few of the builders at the right market level very pissed and expensively fed. Rustle up some friends from the drafting side of life, get them to offer brochures and pimp your shit to any suckers "discerning customers with an appreciation for quality" that come their way.
              "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Best way forward is to protect your interest and check if you will a sole distributorship for a region for a period etc before spending time marketing it.

If it is such a great product, the more big companies you meet in the process, the more likely someone is going to get the distributorship due to their size and easy of including it in their product line and use their distribution channels for sales.

All the best with your venture!

Comment

hmmm..not sure i can help but i'll give it a go..don't flame me if i get anything wrong..gotta put some of my marketing master degree to use since i paid so much for it and might end up not getting a job in that field..

anyways..i think before you decide how to advertise/promote your product, what's more important would be to determine the kind of product you're selling..by this, it means considering factors such as..

- the product's price range (which determines target audience, another factor to consider)

- method of delivery/distribution (depending on how large scale you'll be selling these products..to end users directly or selling them as a regional distributor etc..)

- the marketing budget you're willing to splash on its promotion (cost - benefit/feasibility analysis etc)

- and many other factors

each factor influences how the product "should" be marketed..of course..there's no single "best/correct" way to sell something..but there are "not-so-good" ways to do it..

so yea..just a thought that maybe you can consider the nature of the product and who you should direct/target before choosing how to market it..i'm almost 100% sure that you've already taken these into consideration..but just in case..haha..

and i know it's not convenient to release additional info but if you want you can pm me or something and i'll try my best to offer whatever help i can..in the utmost confidentiality of course..haha..

my 2cents..really hope it helps..

-shui

Originally posted by HotelBushranger
                  Talked to some chick today at the village that rides a GPX 250. Wasn't very friendly though, must have crabs.

Comment

cheers mate.

yeah, pretty much taken all that into consideration.

not really a chance for distributor rights as it's an openly available product. it's more the "use" of the product that's the niche.

Comment

Working...
                    X