This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Training CrossFit style

Just a change of name to the "City to Surf " Thread seeing as the race is over.

Anyway hope you guys enjoyed your rest and Brekky last weekend because training is back on

So South Perth foreshore under the Freeway bridge at mill point 10am this Sat 12th Sep. All welcome.

Training from now on will be a combination of Crossfit and Crossfit Endurance so we wont be running every week. But I'm sure we can run the Bridges now and again just for old times sake !

This week will be an introduction to some new exercises and equipment.

See you guys on Sat.

Brendan
    Last edited by brendanc; 11-09-2009, 11:33 AM.
    This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time

Great work form you guys today

For those who missed the session, here's the Workout

As many rounds as possible in 20 mins

25kg Push Press x 5

16kg Kettlebell swing X 10

Burpee x 5

5kg Med ball Thruster x 5

30cm Box jump x 5

Weights are low to keep the intensity up it's all about speed and keeping the circut going for as many rounds as possible

See you all next weekend

Brendan
    Last edited by brendanc; 12-09-2009, 09:55 PM.

Comment

That was intense,
      I'm hurting all over which I know is a good thing.
      Great Workout!!!!
      Where are all the people on the forum who want to lose weight/get in shape or tone up.

Comment

A good explanation why your sore ! to quote

CrossFit is a strength and conditioning program. We were talking about intensity today. Intensity is where we get the best adaption. Intensity is what sets us apart from other strength and conditioning programs. Intensity can be measured by our power output. Power is defined as force times distance divided by time and is written, P = F X D/ T. You are the engine that provides the power.
        Long slow workouts have a low power output. They are not intense. Short, furiously paced workouts have a high power output.
        Guess what, when you stomp on the gas pedal and tell your body to produce more power it is uncomfortable, painful even. How much of that discomfort you can handle will be directly related to how much intensity you can bring to the workout.
        Now its fine to occasionally move through one of the named WODs slowly at the required weight. But the CrossFit Girls are not just about moving the Rx’d weight they are about moving the required weight, over the proscribed range of motion efficiently, effectively, safely, and FAST. That my friends is a CrossFit workout as Rx’d. Diane at 15 minutes has missed the point. Fran at 12 minutes with 95 pounds has missed the point.
        Pursue discomfort.
        Scale the WOD’s so that the pursuit is a sprint, headlong, lungs gasping, heart hammering, muscle quaking, vision blurring. That’s where you will find the Girl as Rx’d.

Comment

hey, im keen to get a bit more fitness and having heard about Crossfit over a year ago i am keen to come check it out. Is the next one this coming weekend?

I lost a lot of fitness lately so will is it ok if i come along anyway?
          "insert witty comment here"

Comment

Next Sat same time probably the same location, i'll post up during the week to let you know.

Comment

Cheers man! I was fighting fit for the Australiasian Safari this year then i crashed a burned with the swine flu which didnt affect my rallye (17th overall and 5th in 450cc class) but since ive been back i cant get my cardio up without my body shutting down hard. Ill check this thread out during the week for the time and place. I will be there.
              "insert witty comment here"

Comment

Ok guys that time of the week again

So training will be same as last week, South Perth foreshore under the Freeway bridge at mill point 10am this Sat 19th Sep.

Format will be the same so some skill work & practice, followed by the WOD.

So whos in ??

Comment

I am. What's WOD? World of Death? Sounds like fun
                  BUY MY BIKE - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...1000rr-151241/

Comment

Workout of the Day

You back in town Andrew ????

Comment

what the hell is crossfit? just sounds like a high-intensity training style, am i right?

Comment

Yes, like McDonalds. For a limited time only.

C U tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Brougham View Post
                          what the hell is crossfit? just sounds like a high-intensity training style, am i right?
                          Its a little bit more than just High intensity see What is CrossFit?

Have a go tomorrow if you curious.

Comment

Thanks Brendon that was goooood. Feel the burn!!

I'm going to try and get something going with a few others while I'm away to keep the momentum going. Motorvation is the key for me, cos I struggle by myself.

Comment

Re: Saturday Training CrossFit style

Dammit pissed I didn't see this thread earlier, I'll have to finish my current program and come down and join you guys a bit later.

Comment

Working...
                              X