Obscure power scheme question in windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obscure power scheme question in windows 7

Got a bit of a curly one I haven't been able to work out. Presumably it involves changing a couple of registry values, but I can't work out where to look.

With my laptop currently being my only computer (OS = windows 7 x32 RC), I find myself using 3 different power plans depending on where I am at the time. Switching between power plans is a snap as long as you only use two. You just left click on the power icon down by the clock and up pop your two most recently used options. What I want is to have three options pop up there so I can pick from 3 instead of opening the 'more power options' window to select the third option. Any ideas?

^^ no idea, i know what you're talking about. its annoying, because commonly on a laptop you want 3 - high performance, balanced, and max battery life.

my work around is to not bother using "balanced" at all.

If i'm on battery, i typically want max life - if I'm not, I just use high performance.

But yes, its annoying, and yes, its exactly the same in RTM (which i'm currently running)..
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Working...
    X