Gym Equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gym Equipment

Was told a fan bike is good for toning up bum, upper legs and hips is this correct?

wanted to know if its true or just words by someone trying to sell me a fan bike

thanks for your input

Lets assume the "fan bike" is the same as the image in my head then yes that's correct. As will walking up stairs, on sand or any high knee lift work like riding a bike.

Before you part with your hard earned think of the pros and cons of a stationary bike versus one with 2 wheels. For my money I'd choose the later.

Comment

^whs
      Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

Squats and lunges. Save your money.
        Originally posted by Desmo
        Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post
          Squats and lunges. Save your money.
          There's also the motivation issue. Personally I'd rather ride a bike than do squats and lunges. I also agree with OD, I'd rather go ride along the river than in a room, even in the rain.

Comment

always two sides of the coin,
            could loose motivation cause its raining, or you have to drive all the way to rive first,
            although theres nothing better than going for a ride and inhaling the fresh air, looking at the scenery,
            although im buying an exercise bike for the missus as sometimes the only time we get to exercise is at night when the little ones asleep,
            how much are they trying to flog the bike for?
            -never play hopscotch with a unicorn-

Comment

$399 at orbit

and cant do squats as have dicky knee

love riding the bike but as been said rain is around most of time and someties I get home after dark

Comment

you can get little stands to put your pushy on i believe

Comment

^^^ Windtrainers

Comment

Wii fit??????
                    "I don't care if you wear a plastic bag, filled with bubble wrap then zip tied at the neck for crash protection"

Comment

Wii fit aint bad,
                      but the leg work outs are exercises like squats,
                      you wont be able to buy much of a pushie for $400,
                      those stands mentioned above are good, but then you have a whole pushie in your living room, leaves black marks from tires etc, compared to the exercise bike which is generally more compact,
                      the exercise bike may be the better option, $400 aint bad, does it have a heart rate monitor etc, ?
                      although im not sure how well they work, as my orbit tredie says my heart rate goes over 200bpm
                      haha
                      -never play hopscotch with a unicorn-

Comment

have you looked at those rubber bands with grips at both ends. I made my won, just bought some of the streachy rubber tubing.
                        You would have to do most leg exercises with it laying down, or with the other end tied to a pole for your leg exercises.
                        Reason is they are great for building up the small stabaliser bits of the muscel, helped my shoulder get better after I damaged it, plius cheap as to make yourself

Comment

a fan bike wont tone up anything...it will help burn body fat if your diet permits. It may also help with general fitness. If thats your definition of 'tone' then go for it.

Comment

Remember wendylee, you can't spot reduce fat (aka target one area). So if the fan bike is helping you exercise and you are eating healthy food in moderate amounts, then you should achieve an overall reduction in body fat - therefore reducing those trouble areas along with the rest of your body.
                            Ello

Comment

Originally posted by sven View Post
                              Remember wendylee, you can't spot reduce fat (aka target one area). So if the fan bike is helping you exercise and you are eating healthy food in moderate amounts, then you should achieve an overall reduction in body fat - therefore reducing those trouble areas along with the rest of your body.
                              Yes, it sounds good. But we have to maintain good diet and should take healthy food,,,,
                              exercise bike supplier | york exercise bike

Comment

Working...
                              X