RGB LED screens.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RGB LED screens.

I'm buying a new laptop today to take up north with me, and I'm looking at the Dell Studio XPS and there's the option for a 16" RGB LED screen instead of the standard WLED screen for an extra $300.

I'll be using it for movies & games as well as general internet stuff.

Is the RGB LED screen significantly better than the WLED screen? I can't seem to find much objective information on the internet.

I know WLED shits all over cold cathodes, no idea about RGB LED though, sorry
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I get the impression that RGB LED loses some it's power advantage over CCFL backlights too, but I rarely use the laptop on battery these days.

As far as the laptop goes, it'll be a 3 year thing (eg, I'll get 3 year warranty and not replace before then unless work gives me a massive pay rise) as with my last one.

Much want for the alienware laptop with the Corei7 and SLI GTX260, but waaaaay too expensive to justify. And probably too heavy to fly with regularly.

Comment

According to the users here:
        WLED vs. RGB LED - Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion
        It's awesome.

I'm using a WLED screen at the moment and it's rather much better than the other ccl screens in the house. Apparently RGBLED is a major step up again. If that's to be believed, it must look extraordinary..
        "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

yea everyone is saying that the RGBLED is so amazing but where are the comparison pictures to prove this? i myself would like to know also
          Smart man right there.

Comment

Haha, yeah, he's Mensa material.
            "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

And curse dell for putting their laptop prices up today.

I had customised a Studio XPS 16 to $2097 after using a 10% coupon, and today it's $2300 for the same spec...

I may as well spring for the RGB LED screen as I might get back into photo editing at some point. If not, I'll be able to browse PSB in full RGB'ness.

Trouble is trying to find an RGB LED screen to compare to a WLED screen...

Comment

Working...
              X