Camera Lens Servicing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera Lens Servicing?

Anyone here ever had their camera lens serviced?

There's sh*t in my lens. Literally.

At the track yesterday something crapped on the lens while it was at full extension.
    I didn't realise until a few moments later.....after I had already zoomed in and out a few times and smeared it everywhere.

sigpic

Camera House?

*shudder*

Comment

hartfields (i think) in north perth is the canon auth service centre for WA

Comment

oh shit bro.

recommendations from another forum

Canon Service centre, Osborne Park

Morley Camera Repairs.
        Ste 10/ 3 Bishop St Morley 6062 (08) 9276 2111

Camera Electronic, North Perth

edit: scrap that, found this one the canon website for lens repairs

Mail In Option
        Canon Camera Repairs
        Workshop Services
        P.O. Box 343
        NORTH RYDE NSW 1670

Courier deliveries must be sent to the address below:

Canon Camera Repairs
        Workshop Services
        Receiving Dock
        1 Thomas Holt Drive
        NORTH RYDE NSW 2113
        [Note - Courier deliveries only]

Walk In Service Option - Canon Customer Care Provider
        Hartland Camera
        37-45 Brisbane Street
        PERTH WA 6000
        Ph: (08) 9328-3499
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

mate one of the girls at work brother owns a camera shop nice guy i call him Tuesday if you like

Comment

Cheers guys.
            sigpic

Comment

Dugy - Don't be such a pussy. I haz screwdrivers and a hammer, bring lens and whisky and we can have a go here.

Camera Electronic _may_ be able to help you. Failing that, Hartlands around the corner from them (who will send it east anyway).
              "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Ambrose Camera Service

London Court PERTH CBD WA 6000
                08 93255651

Known him for years Ask for Ben.
                There are only three sports: mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing.
                All the rest are merely games."
                Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Cheers guys.

I dropped it into Hartland this morning as I had to get it serviced straight so it will be ready for the weekend, I hope.
                  sigpic

Comment

Dugy: if you're stuck, I have absolutely zero Canon lenses you can borrow. Don't be afraid to ask
                    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Thanks mate. I can always use my 350D and 70-200 f2.8L still takes great pic's.

More I want to be able to use the lens for a day's shooting before I go to phillip island.
                      (Assuming I can walk straight after I pick it up.)

I don't wanna get to the MotoGP and find they have messed something up in the repair.
                      sigpic

Comment

wise man

Comment

So far I am very dissappointed with Hartlands.

I get an sms informing me the camera is ready.
                          Not wanting to waste a trip from Kwinana to North Perth I ring up and we go over the work that was done.

When I pick up the lens I notice the locking ring is tight.
                          Unlock.
                          Extend zoom on lens.
                          Hear a "wheezing" noise and extending barrel feels tighter than is should.
                          Retract zoom.
                          Find what can only be descibed as a rough patch.

Politely show this to the girl serving.
                          Get told it's fine.
                          Politely say it's not.
                          She checks with technician, apparently it's coz of new grease.

If you ask me, they've over tightened it and damaged the seals.
                          But I don't say this.

I ask here to make notes on the invoice of my concerns and say that I'll be getting a 2nd opinion.
                          (I would have been putting it straight into it's box and sending it to canon.)

Now this has sparked the interest of a more senior person in the office who gets "a different technician" to come and have a look.
                          I explain it to him.
                          He comments it doesn't seem right either.
                          Says they will pull it apart and check the seals and that I could be up for new ones!

Now I'm polite but blunt, telling them if they didn't think the seals needed replacing BEFORE they reassembled the lens, but now it's apparent they do need replacing.
                          Then they stuffed the seals in the reassembly and they will be replacing the seals.

The lens should never have been presented to me for collection and then initially palmed off.

Not impressed.
                          sigpic

Comment

Damn, dugy - that's the first time I've heard a bad thing said about them

I hope they manage to sort it, without aggro, before the weekend.
                            "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

ditto simon's comments.

everytime i've sent in a lens to be serviced/repaired there, i've only had the best service i can imagine.

Comment

Working...
                              X