any reccomendations for termite/pest control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any reccomendations for termite/pest control

Starting to have a look around for getting my house checked/sprayed for termites.

Anybody here in the business or can recommend anyone ??

thanks

Envirotechnics are good. Owned by BGC and have very strict operations. I used to work there and found all the guys to be very good.
    "insert witty comment here"

Comment

Corks,

I changed to All-U-Need pest control last year, from a recommendation from a neighbour...I wasn't happy with the previous guys but these guys did a great job.

All-u-need pest control 9390 4100

-JC-

Comment

Do it myself bait stations aquire untreated pine logs,

Cut enough 20cm sections to allow for a suitable number of bait stations around home
        drill through top to bottom
        removable plug in hole
        place in ground,
        check every so often.

See ants get them poisoned.

I am not an expert on this matter, do not take my advice as suitable for your scenario, there are so many factors to consider.....

Comment

Originally posted by -JC- View Post
          Corks,

I changed to All-U-Need pest control last year, from a recommendation from a neighbour...I wasn't happy with the previous guys but these guys did a great job.

All-u-need pest control 9390 4100

-JC-
          what was the approximate cost ???

Comment

We had termites in the shed and tree stump out the front so we went for the works...cost a bit but was relatively cheap compared to some of the other quotes we got.
            I can't remember the price off hand, I'll hunt around and see if I can find the papers. I'll either send you a PM or email at work tomorrow.

-JC-

Comment

We used ALLPEST and were very happy with the price and service offered..
              Norm
              Its a Tour not a Race - Just don't get in my way when I'm Touring.

OzVFR.net MGP Tipping Mews News

Comment

Originally posted by Ev View Post
                Do it myself bait stations aquire untreated pine logs,

Cut enough 20cm sections to allow for a suitable number of bait stations around home
                drill through top to bottom
                removable plug in hole
                place in ground,
                check every so often.

See ants get them poisoned.

I am not an expert on this matter, do not take my advice as suitable for your scenario, there are so many factors to consider.....

Having an environmental science diploma I suggest something similar to the above.

Aquire at least 2 banana boxes. Teh wax coating prevents the box rotting prior to doing the job required.

Dig hole to suit burial of banana box so the top of the box is is at ground level.

Stack newspaper in layers to just below the top of box.

Moisten.

Cover top of box with something that will not break down, persplex, HDPE sheet, even corragated sheeting will do.

Inspect at weekly intervals.

Best to place boxes close to untreated wood within the boundry of the property or near where suspected white ant damage or activity is noticed.

When inspected if there is signs of activity then call the pest controllers.

I have used All Pest in the past, although they wont remove husbands, wives or signifigant others.

they are a little more expensive but the workman hip is 110%, they will inform you on what is covered in budget sprays / treatments and whats covered in the full monty.

$260 provides a full inspection and report of all areas of the home - Roof space, fences, sheds, pagolas posts, stumps, retaining walls, garden beds, interiors and sub floors.

The inspection also covered a borers, fungal decay and wood rot inspection. From this report they then quote for treatments if required.

Comment

Just bumping this in case anyone else has a good & recent recomendation on termite inspectors and eradicators?
                  "I am the thinking man's idiot."
                  M. Bretski

Comment

Well I found White Ants in the bathroom Vanity. Got a guy out and he sprayed around the perimeter of the house with a hose and Termidor. I did all the manual work (Lifting pavers and moving Mulsh etc. He just came. Spent 1 hour with my hose and about 2L of this Termidor stuff.

$1300. Pretty sure I got ripped.

But no more whiteants in the house. Still some in the back tree that I am trying to get rid of.

Comment

^^^ Sounds a bit rich considering you did alot of the legwork? Might be legit as Termidor is atleast a few hundred $'s more. We payed around $800-900 five years ago for the full boundary spray using the cheaper product and the buggers drilled into the bricks rather than lifting them up.

Got a quote last month for a respray (no drilling etc) using Termidor for $1000 from one company and another from Termico (9443 9880) for $750.

There's no guarantee with inspections - we had the inspection when we bought which showed previous activity but nothing current, only to find two spots in a bathroom (malimine(?) cupboards) and wooden pickets all throughout the garden riddled with LIVE termites. Set us back about $3k for the boundary spray and replacing the cupboards - I really don't understand how they could miss that...fuckers

Comment

Bit of a thread revival...

Just had the local pest salesman come and tell us our house needs needs to be retreated because it was over 10 years old. Pointed to some sticker in the meter box I did not know about. The wife initially thought he was involved with our builder, because he mentioned them, but I think he got the info out of meter box or something and is just working off a long list of houses from somewhere.. he is clearly doing the rounds of the suburb because all the house would be 10-15 years old.

We have never had any treatments done, but heard of others paying for annual treatments, etc.. they want to drill holes all around the house into our paving (supposedly in the cracks but I cant see how it would not make a mark/hole as they are 8mm?) and then it is only perimeter treatment so they could come up from underground anyway? We also have steel roof, etc, so only damage would be to doors or cupboards..

I seriously doubt it is worth forking out $1K, even though the treatment supposedly last 10 years, but again, others seem to say it needs to be done annually. neighbor apparently pays around $250 for an annual inspection/top up treatment perhaps with spiders and ants as well, so perhaps $1k for 10 years is not bad?

Also after any recommendations for companies south of the river that I can maybe get a comparative quote from.

Comment

How old is your house? If it is real old it would have been treated with an organochlorine chemical which lasts for a very long time. If its a newer house it will have been treated with an OP which is probably only good for 5 years. I can't think of a company I would recommend.
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
                            How old is your house?
                            13 years in April.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingy View Post
                              13 years in April.
                              Ok it will have been treated with the new stuff that doesn't last so it would be a good idea to have it inspected an re-treated.
                              -

Comment

Working...
                              X