X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Excell Macro Help

Hi Guys,

i need help writing a Macro.

Ok Imagine I have these text Values repeated in cells all over the sheet.

BLAH
    CRAP

What I want to do its do a find & replace so it looks for BLAH and CRAP replaces it with STUFF & IGNORE. But not only do I need to replace it, but I need it to CHange the Font Colour and Cell Background Colour.

I know I can do this with CTRL F Replace, but I have so many different things I want to replace that it takes too long.

Any Macro Guru's want to give me a pointer. I tried recording a Macro, but it didn't do it.

Thanks
    You put the c*nt in country run

Originally posted by Cbr1k View Post
    Hi Guys,

i need help writing a Macro.

Ok Imagine I have these text Values repeated in cells all over the sheet.

BLAH
    CRAP

What I want to do its do a find & replace so it looks for BLAH and CRAP replaces it with STUFF & IGNORE. But not only do I need to replace it, but I need it to CHange the Font Colour and Cell Background Colour.

I know I can do this with CTRL F Replace, but I have so many different things I want to replace that it takes too long.

Any Macro Guru's want to give me a pointer. I tried recording a Macro, but it didn't do it.

Thanks
    PM being sent.

Comment

Is this post to try and lead me to the delusion that you are working???

Comment

Find/replace, and then conditional formatting?

Probably faster than writing a macro.
        No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat750 View Post
          Is this post to try and lead me to the delusion that you are working???
          Gotta keep up appearances. Its all sorted now thanks. Just wan't using record properly.
          You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Originally posted by Cbr1k View Post
            Gotta keep up appearances. Its all sorted now thanks. Just wan't using record properly.
            Cbr1k

Just a pointer for the Macro. The commands are a bit more complex than just recording. So if you deleted it you won't be able to replicate the exact commands sent to you.

Matso

Comment

Working...
            X