Steam (c/o Valve & friends)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam (c/o Valve & friends)

Trying to install a legit copy of FEAR2 onto the laptop, and it asks for a steam account.

I can't remember my details as the last time I used a Steam account was for Half-Life 2.

It tells me my email address is already in use if I try to register a new account, but won't send details or new password to my email address when I try and retrieve lost account info.

Anyone had to get around this issue before?

Never mind.

Steam is just super slow - took 20 mins for the confirmation email to come through...

Comment

I hate steam.

Fear 2 is a yummy game.

It asks for steam? Weird, I never used it when I played.

/my2cents
      Nothing from something.

Comment

Steam is evil but in a good way - it works way too well, the other night saw a few specials, and before I knew it had purchased $200 worth of games.

Great game packs though.

I love how it keeps a record of your games online, no more fumbling for cd's, cd-keys, misplacing covers with cd-keys on, its just awesome. I pretty much buy all games through steam now - plus it doesn't hurt that they are well cheaper.

Comment

You need Steam to install/activate Fear 2.

I did like the fact that it showed my registration for Half Life 2 and would allow me to download and install the game if I wanted to, all without the CD's.

Comment

HF2:E3 plz come now.
            This is my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds View Post
              You need Steam to install/activate Fear 2.

I did like the fact that it showed my registration for Half Life 2 and would allow me to download and install the game if I wanted to, all without the CD's.
              Yeh its great innit?

I have a game list on steam thats about 40 games long now - not one CD, box or Cd key needed for any of them. Makes my disorganised life so much easier.

Comment

Working...
              X