• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do u need to retire?

Do you people have retirement plans?

I'm getting kind of sick of working and need out

starting to think I need some kind of retirement plan

My general thinking is if I own my house, I can semi retire

Go with that for a while and get a handle on the new financial situation- then aim for full slack around zero work do what I want to do for the rest of my life, lifestyle.

So really only a skeleton of a plan

What else needs to be considered?

Posted via Mobile Device
    Originally posted by Bendito
    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

how old are you?

Comment

Do you have any money stashed away? Investments, shares, and such? Basically, income streams that don't require you to work, but can be cashed in for more money in an emergency?

Comment

G'Day gozer,

It is called the 3+1 principal. the 1 is the house you live in and the three is the rental propertiies you have that get you $ 1000 a week to live on.

Plan B: Is sell your house & invest the cash in different areas.
        $ 250 000 at 20% will give you 50K/ annum.

You probabley know the rest. Due dilligence in all your investments.

Regards,

Sooty.
        Regards,

Sooty.

Another perfect day in paradise.

Comment

I'm 37

Thanks sooty, that's an awesome distilled framework for me to erect
          Posted via Mobile Device
          If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

So version A leaves an estate after ur gone and version B is aim to exit the world with nothing leaving las vegas style?
            Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

So, buy a house and then retire? How will that work exactly? Do you have a large amount of investments working for you, or are you planning on getting a sugar mummy or go on the dole.

Sadly, most of us are caught in the work-trap, because that what life is about.Better idea is to get a job you really like, then it will hardly seem like work at all.

Presumably you are switched on WRT super and the like, there's very little chance that there will be a pension of much substance in 25-odd years. Currently it's only about $17K P/A so you won't be living like a king then .... best you get the stategy sorted now. A financial planner would be the best place to start. He will, basically, tell you to save more than you spend though .... so that's going to mean getting/keeping a job.
              Dead Man's Hand
              Internationational Porter Protection Group
              Just call me Pat

Comment

Originally posted by g0zer View Post
                I'm 37

Thanks sooty, that's an awesome distilled framework for me to erect
                Posted via Mobile Device
                AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

sorry dude, but i thought you were young like me but your not.

your old....

ahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Ru high wigarus?

U have decades of work ahead of u, sucked in!
                  Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Buy a 1-2 million dollar pub then sell the lease hold and make about 130k-150k rent a year for doing basically nothing.
                    My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Pat View Post
                      work trap because that what life is about.
                      Life has never been about work for me- if there is a goal in life its maximising hedonistic opportunity.

Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Life has never been about work for me- if there is a goal in life its maximising hedonistic opportunity.

Posted via Mobile Device
                        OK then, go for it matey
                        Dead Man's Hand
                        Internationational Porter Protection Group
                        Just call me Pat

Comment

U have decades of work ahead of u, sucked in!
                          Posted via Mobile Device
                          So do you dude

Comment

37's too young to be thinking that way mate..and trust me..when u do retire..you'll be more vexed trying to think of things you can do..at least that's what my grand parents used to tell me..

on another note..make sure you do still lead an active life after you retire..stats have shown that the mind and body deteriorates at a much quicker rate after retirement simply because you don't use them..or use them much less for that matter..people who work (normally..not to kill themselves) usually live a longer life too..

Originally posted by HotelBushranger
                            Talked to some chick today at the village that rides a GPX 250. Wasn't very friendly though, must have crabs.

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
                              So do you dude
                              FuuuuuuuUUUU!

I've actually been planning more along the lines of pats advice tbh- my line of work fortunately has a need for people who can mobilise for short contracts get shit done and get out.

When I think semi retirement, what I really mean is maybe taking one 3-5 mnth contract a year (australian winter) then perhaps go for a riding instructors license and spending summer getting paid to ride around by noobs.

Spring and autumn will be for ummm getting over all that fukn working.
                              Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Working...
                              X