Naked DSL opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naked DSL opinions

I've got everything bundled with Telstra right now but they suxor the big one!!!11!one!! The saving I get by bundling isn't worth squat on the monthly line rental. Personally, Telstra has been great as an internet service, it's just that they charge way, WAY too much.

I don't use the home phone except to carry the ADSL so I want to junk it as it's a waste of $25/month or whatever I'm being charged. I'm a fan of clicking and getting my page to load instantly, too, so high speed is a must.

I checked this site out; Broadband Guide ? Compare Broadband Internet plans, ADSL, ADSL2+, Cable & Wireless. and then browsed Dodo's plans and Optus' plans. Not too shabby.
    I also looked up iiNet. Pretty sweet, too.
    It appears as though Westnet don't do naked DSL. (fixed, Desmo, cheers)

So who's got naked DSL, who with and what do you think of them?

Thanks
    2006 Yamaha R1SP;
    In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
    Amen, brother. Amen.
    My nemesis; Barfridge

Westnet most certainly do do ADSL, just not naked.
    Don't use Optarse, they have an abysmal service, not heard much about Dodo.
    Personally I'm a westnet customer. Great customer service, if a little bit exxy.

Comment

got naked DSL with iinet and its good.
      very good.

would recommend it.

Comment

I think you can go down to $19/month for telstra line rental. And as far as I can remember, naked dsl wasn't much better value than normal adsl + line rental.

It's also nice to have a landline just in case. But yeah, telstra bigpond is a fkn rip off.
        Spam

Comment

Go Amcom, afaik they're the only naked dsl providers that don't count uploads to your quota. Keep this in mind!
          PSB Roller - http://soundcloud.com/talon

Comment

Currently with westnet and getting great service - i am currently looking at moving over to TPG as they offer twice the bandwidth @faster speed and the same price.
            "Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Don't know what exchange your on, but check tpg also.
              Naked DSL Broadband, TPG provides Fast Naked ADSL2+ Connection
              Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

Naked vs non naked iinet.... i hear naked charge you for uploads?

I've got non-naked 80/40 quota iinet (or 80/80, i forget...)... no issue with it, no real desire to go to naked and get charged for upload...
                “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I've got naked DSL with iiNet. Its great. ADSL2+ speeds, $59 per month for 8 gig peak and 8 gig off peak. VOIP phone line is included and all calls to fixed phones anywhere in the country are included.

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                    Naked vs non naked iinet.... i hear naked charge you for uploads?

I've got non-naked 80/40 quota iinet (or 80/80, i forget...)... no issue with it, no real desire to go to naked and get charged for upload...
                    yes, with naked your upload counts towards your quota.
                    ie, no good for seeding torrents.
                    Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

I previously had an account with iinet. Was very good.

Comment

I'm very happy with every aspect of iinet.
                        Respect is earned, not enforced.

Comment

Originally posted by rc_sam View Post
                          yes, with naked your upload counts towards your quota.
                          ie, no good for seeding torrents.
                          yeah but you weigh that up against the fact that you save at least $30 per month by not paying any line rental. Just depends on your personal use.

Comment

TPG looks OK but not planned on the Scarborough exchange until Dec this year. Upload is not includedin the plan by them. They look pretty good for pricing.
                            2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                            In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                            Amen, brother. Amen.
                            My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

I have naked at four sites. Wouldn't do anything else unless I have to. Signed my neighbour up and they now save over $200 a month. You get that with teenage daughters and long distance relationships!

Seriously though, with the Bigpond (cable) account, Line rental, phone charges etc, they couldn't be happier.

My naked ends this week, and I'm not happy Jan!

D'Art

Comment

Working...
                              X