Deleteing Browser History - Most Frequently Visited Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleteing Browser History - Most Frequently Visited Sites

I have only just realised that when you open up a browser page and then click on new "new tab" a page of most frequently visited sites displaying thumbnails of the site pages you have visited pops up. Deleting browser history does not get rid of this. Anyone know how to remove this stored information?

download CCleaner and go to town....
    will clean up IE and firefox and will get rid of other stored info....
    Getting older and stupider by the day...... Just the way I like it

Comment

which browser are you using, Safari has an edit button which allows you to delete them one by one.

You should also be able to turn that feature off so that you open a new tab with blank / homepage etc

Comment

sounds like someone has been visiting site that they shouldn't have .....

Comment

Nah not at all.....just want to delete some history from my work comp.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_FJ View Post
            sounds like someone has been visiting site that they shouldn't have .....
            little bro (comp tec) had a call recently involving remote access were the videos kept coming up while the guys accountant was over

Comment

Originally posted by Rat750 View Post
              I have only just realised that when you open up a browser page and then click on new "new tab" a page of most frequently visited sites displaying thumbnails of the site pages you have visited pops up. Deleting browser history does not get rid of this. Anyone know how to remove this stored information?
              Have you been secretly visiting Honda sites during work again?
              You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Now that I would be ashamed of

Comment

What browser?

Comment

Originally posted by FML
                    Today, I phoned one of the IT guys upstairs for help with my PC. He said it would only take a few minutes; and would just fix it through a direct connection from his computer to mine. Hours later; I was feeling devilish, and quickly checked out an adult website. Mr IT Guy was still connected. FML
                    Originally posted by Koola
                    Someone sig this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bendito View Post
                      What browser?
                      I'm a bit of an IT noob mate.....Internet Explorer...Google...other than that I couldn't tell ya.

Comment

If it's internet explorer, goto Tools->Internet Options->Delete (under Browsing History) and delete all of them.
                        Free android puzzle game
                        https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TempleOfMedina

Comment

Yep have done that but it doesn't clear the most frequently visited sites page that pops up when you open a new tab.

Comment

It does for me.
                            Free android puzzle game
                            https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TempleOfMedina

Comment

Originally posted by Rat750 View Post
                              Yep have done that but it doesn't clear the most frequently visited sites page that pops up when you open a new tab.
                              I didn't think IE had a most frequent websites option. Are you running google toolbar, as the toolbar has that feature. You'll need to tell it to delete files and settings stored by addons, or find an option in the toolbar settings to remove.

Comment

Working...
                              X