Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m"chiclet down

Hi All,

Just thought I'd give those who don't know but wish to know a further update from the article previously posted.

The ute driver has been charged however he has pleaded not guilty.

I have received my letter to say that I may be called upon as I was the primary witness.

The ute driver has a court date of the 26th of April where he has his final plea of guilty or not guilty. If he pleads guilty he cops his charges. If he pleads not guilty, I and any other witness will have to relive the moment that took Heather from those she touched during her time here.

I am not too sure how court cases are conducted but I hope it's as painless as can be for anyone who is apart of it especially Heather's family. I for one lost it when I read the paper work from the Public Prosecution. I am lucky to have supportive people around me who have told me they will be by my side every step of the way as it took me quite some time before I was able to sleep/cope after what happened back then.

Once I know any more I will keep you all posted.

RIP Heather. I know nothing will bring you back but I'm being strong for you, it's the very least I can do.
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶ THIS CHICK DOESN'T DIG SHAFT PLAY, SHE LIKES HER TURBOS IN GOOD ORDER ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

- Law of Attraction -
    If you think positive, your life experiences will be positive.
    If you think negative, your life experience will be negative.
    You bring into your life what ever experiences you desire.

Comment

• Thank you for the update. Which court will this be heard in on the 26th?

Comment

• Well said [MENTION=21036][JAZZIE][/MENTION].

Respectfully, please be aware of discussing anything in a public forum that will form part of your evidence at the hearing. You don't want to risk possibly jeopardising the proceedings.
        It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

• m"chiclet down

Thanks and I appreciate the advice, I won't be saying anything in regards to the case to anyone but the courtroom as I wouldn't want to cause any unjust decisions etc. Plus it's not something I really want to discuss unless I really had to.

Ben, i'll update you tomorrow with which court.
          ٩๏̯͡๏)۶ THIS CHICK DOESN'T DIG SHAFT PLAY, SHE LIKES HER TURBOS IN GOOD ORDER ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

- Law of Attraction -

Comment

• Thanks for the update, hopefully he admits guilt and doesn't make everyone have to re-live that day.

Comment

• If he has lawyered up it can be normal for an intial not guilty verdict cos its the only real way a lawyer gets to see all the "facts" when they subsequently request copy of evidence. Until that point they are unable to get a copy of the evidence from police. Could be lawyer will look at it all and tell the guy he wouldnt have much of a chance getting off at trial and he will probably change his plea at the next hearing.

Most matters from SOR area and down thru there end up at Armadale Magistrates Court, im not sure tho as this sadly involved a fatality, could be different.
              When the only tool you have is a hammer, every thing starts to look like a nail

Comment

• m"chiclet down

Originally posted by Thirsty View Post
                Most matters from SOR area and down thru there end up at Armadale Magistrates Court, im not sure tho as this sadly involved a fatality, could be different.
                Effective March 2012 all dangerous driving occasioning death charges are automatically forwarded to the district court.

Thank you so much for the update. I cannot begin to comprehend how hard it is to relive those moments, but from the bottom of my heart thank you. There are very few days where I don't think of Heather and have spent several hours searching hopefully through legal databases for an answer. If you need any at all [MENTION=21036][JAZZIE][/MENTION] please contact me.
                Originally posted by Lefty
                Leave the OP alone, he's worried about all those extra CCs getting caught up in his fucking dress.

Comment

• m"chiclet down

BenG, Perth District Court on 26th April for Trial Listing Hearing.

Fingers crossed it doesn't drag out for all concerned.

- Law of Attraction -

Comment

• Best of luck tomorrow for all concerned, you will be on my thoughts. I tried getting the day off but two had already booked leave.
                    Originally posted by Lefty
                    Leave the OP alone, he's worried about all those extra CCs getting caught up in his fucking dress.

Comment

• Hi All

Just thought I'd update you all further. In 2 days it will be 12 months since the tragedy happened and it saddens me to say that the man responsible for the accident has persistently pleaded not guilty and on the 26th of August 2013 at 9:30am in the Perth District Court we are going to trial.

I am not looking forward to reliving the circumstances surrounding the evening of the 26th of June 2012.

Hopefully justice will be served although there is no sentence in this world that will ever justify what he did.

Thinking of you always Heather, RIP.

Jazzie

- Law of Attraction -

Comment

• Sad to hear you have to go through it all over again Jaz, i know all hearts are with you and the family through this.
                        Justice HAS to be served.....surely it can't be just left to be swept away.
                        I think about sex every tits seconds.

Comment

• Very sorry about that Jazzie, I've put the date in my diary and will try to get to Perth for it. I think a helmet in the gallery (or several) indicates that people do care. The guy is obviously trying to make out that turning right at an intersection is no big deal, and it's the process that we as a community have to go through, to take him to court and wait until the judge (or he) finally says "guilty".

As you say, nothing will undo the cost of the crash, or pay for it or make it right, but we all accept it's important to say to people that they just can't do careless shit like this and imagine it doesn't matter.

Thinking of you and everyone close to heather, especially over the next couple of days.
                          www.hurtlegear.com.au

Comment

• Originally posted by [JAZZIE] View Post
                            on the 26th of August 2013 at 9:30am in the Perth District Court we are going to trial.
                            Thinking of you always Heather, RIP.
                            Will do my best to be there to show my support for Heather and Jazzie...and I'll wear my helmet in the Gallery.
                            All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
                            #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                            Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

• ^^^ I don't think wearing it is going to work out, but if I can get there, I'll carry mine in.
                              www.hurtlegear.com.au

Comment

• Reporting for duty.

No helmets allowed in the building.
                                Seeya inside.
                                Last edited by =Maz=; 26-06-2013, 10:21 AM.
                                All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
                                #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                                Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Working...
                                X