• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buelllord
    replied
    Originally posted by Spook View Post

Good times!
    Yes, they were just to much fun ………………….

Leave a comment:

• Spook
    replied

Good times!

Leave a comment:

• Stoneville
    replied
    Originally posted by Spook View Post
    I was sorting through some old pics today and came across this one of Heather from Feb 2012.

OMG thanks for that blast from the past

Raj, Gary, Heather, Aari behind her, Peter, Susan, Paul, Fliss, Rhonz hidden behind Michelle

Leave a comment:

• GsxInShed
    replied
    RIP... Same sentiment as I posted...

Sad shame... 'A life lost.. Is a life filled with hope. The light shines on ....forever."

Leave a comment:

• Live to ride
    replied
    Yes, she was a lovely lady always smiling.

Leave a comment:

• shortSteve
    replied
    A lovely lady, always bright and bubbly...thanks for the memories

Leave a comment:

• Spook
    replied
    I was sorting through some old pics today and came across this one of Heather from Feb 2012.

Leave a comment:

• Live to ride
    replied
    I still miss that smile.
    I was thinking about her today, and yes it's hard to believe it's 2 years.
    RIP Heather.

Leave a comment:

• BenG
    replied
    Wow, time flies... I can't believe that it's been two years already. RIP Heather...

Leave a comment:

• GsxInShed
    replied
    This is still an incredibly difficult thread to read...

Heartfelt sympathy to all concerned/affected/involved..

RIP .. Heather ...

Leave a comment:

• Para045
    replied
    Originally posted by =Maz= View Post
    Still feels so much more recent than that.
    Miss that smile.
    2 years already RIP

Leave a comment:

• =Maz=
    replied
    Still feels so much more recent than that.
    Miss that smile.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie09
    replied
    2 years today. I really fucking miss you Heather. RIP

Leave a comment:

• Rhonz
    replied
    That Heather died due to his mistake/inattentiveness - whatever the situation was that led to this tragedy - will live with this man forever. He had his kid in the car - he would have had to deal with that - and probably still does. Does anyone know the crux of his defence? It was dark and had been raining. Heather had left work and was running late for a dinner ride meet. Was there any contributory negligence? He has been through the legal system which in itself can be a form of punishment. He would have legal fees for his defence which won't be cheap. Nothing comparable to the loss of Heathers life but certainly he has been affected in more ways that many seem to have any idea about. Heather was an intelligent and caring woman. I think she would want people to forgive and get on with their lives. RIP Heather. I think of you, your daughters and family often. And all affected by such tragedies.

Leave a comment:

• BenG
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    Agree in part.

By setting an example by one or two might wake a few of the Snogglers up. Making them realize driving a motor vehicle is not a Sunday picnic.
    I had heard it was only 00 (Double "0"'s) that were licensed to kill. Apparently it is every licensed driver in this state.
    Maybe it would. But at the end of the day, emotions aside (and I would have like to have seen punishment for the driver as much as anyone else), if you read section 59 of the Road Traffic Act, the driver must be proved to be either be under the influence, or driving in a manner which is dangerous. If either of these points cannot be proved beyond reasonable doubt, then a guilty verdict cannot be given.

Anyway, as much as retribution feels good, the fact of the matter is that what's done is done, and no punishment that the courts could hand out would (a) be worse than carrying the guilt of making one small, but fatal, mistake for the rest of your life or (b) bring Heather back.

Careless driving could no doubt be proved. But that only carries a fine of $600. Should there be a charge of careless driving causing death? Perhaps, but it isn't in the legislation as of now, so it wouldn't change anything in this case. Is the legislation flawed in regards to the crime of dangerous driving causing death? Perhaps, but again we have to work with what we've got, or if you can't accept that, then do something about getting the law changed.

Let's not argue the ifs and buts of the case, since I for one don't know the full details of what happened that night, and I doubt most people here do. All we will achieve is to inflame emotions, nothing more.

RIP Heather, and my deepest condolences once again to your family in what must be another awful, trying time for them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X