Proposed annual "absent friends ride"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed annual "absent friends ride"

As the topic says i propose an anual ride (the sort with bbqs and other fun stuff) to be held in memory of not just fallen forum riders but all the riders.

Let me know that u think?
    yes
    0%
    no
    0%

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Sounds like a good idea Callun,but the date should be significant too ie,26/04/04 Leif's passing.( or Saturday/Sunday closest ) although this day was a public holiday.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea Callun,but the date should be significant too ie,26/04/04 Leif's passing.( or Saturday/Sunday closest ) although this day was a public holiday.
      Being a public holiday could be a good thing. I like it!

Comment

Campo look up there's a poll now.

Comment

Campo look up there's a poll now.
          Rog...... and anytime mate!

Comment

See if you can get some other bike clubs interested, WAR, BMW club, Ulysses, maybe talk to the MRA as well? Make it big and bold.

Everyone at least knows of someone who's died on a bike, if not known someone that has.

Publicise it right and it could end up big like the charity ride. Hows that for a memorial? Would put PSB on the map and in a very favourable light.

Comment

GOOD idea cal!

Yeh and the date will make it easier, or harder depends on ur angle.

but still and excellent idea, im in.

I say not even a ride just a BBQ in place significant to the day (like scabs, freo etc.. ) .. Thoughts?
              Love
              Nick :twisted:

Comment

I think its a great idea, catch up over a bbq, talk about good ol times and plan for the future fun too!

See if you can get some other bike clubs interested, WAR, BMW club, Ulysses, maybe talk to the MRA as well? Make it big and bold.

Everyone at least knows of someone who's died on a bike, if not known someone that has.  

Publicise it right and it could end up big like the charity ride. Hows that for a memorial? Would put PSB on the map and in a very favourable light.
                Please understand I am not Trolling with this comment ...

Doorman, you have a good idea here, I dont believe though it should be advertised. Those whom know about will turn up. I am sure you will find there will always be a good cross member community of the WAR, BMW, MRA, etc so that the word will get around.

If such a meet becomes, Its a group event, not just a PSB and we all get to apprieciate the ride and its reason for being. PSB has a nice place on the map in Perth, to score points in this way "I personally" feel would be a dishonour on the reason we would ride and the respect we hold for our fallen mates.

Just my 2 cents and if anyone disagrees, I understand.

Regards

Gustav

Comment

Sorry Gustav but I disagree. With the ride yesterday, people came who never had the chance to meet Leif. They came out of respect. And I'm sure this is what Callen is on about. A ride out of respect, and honouring a fallen comrade somewhere, sometime.

Great idea Callen, and doorman, I think PSB will get MUCH kudos if we include WAR and the other clubs involved, and yeah, a public holiday would be good...
                  Originally posted by vk6hgr
                  My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

yep, agree, great idea, public holiday or not, any given weekend would be good i guess, :idea: i recon we could even find a place to camp out perhaps, then for those with family can come too :?:

fund raising for charity would be awsome to go with it too

Comment

Yeah sounds good, fortunately I have been lucky enough so far not to have personally known any of the fallen commrades but am definately in for paying of da respects.

Count the Box in when organising and I'm not working.
                      Quote: "What do i like about the GP?......The Crumpet I S&#39;pose" <span style="font-family:Times">The Late Barry Sheene &#39;01</span>

Comment

Sounds like a plan. In.
                        mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

Everytime i go on a ride now i'll always remember Dragon .....

So every ride for me will be a remembrence one .....

I'm in though .....
                          Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
                          Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

I was thinking probably the anzac day long weekend would make a good starting point.

Head out on the sunday, go somewhere and bbq, camp, party on to our hearts content till monday morning (for those that wanna camp)

I do very much like the idea of a charity donation. perhaps to PMH or cancer council, or suicide prevention or something like that.

Will organise the usual heads to be bashed together and we will come up with something... Watch this space!

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

Yeah a camp over would be good, Everyone go for a ride down south or something and camp somewhere .....

Sweet .....
                              Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
                              Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

Working...
                              X