GPS preference question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS preference question

If you were looking at the Navman or TomTom, both 4.3" and similar price, what would be your preference and why?
    Primary use will be in-car navigation. Anybody here sell these things? I'd prefer to keep the money local.
    Thanks,
    Andy
    Last edited by 19andrew59; 20-10-2007, 06:46 PM.

Nokia 6110

Comment

I used the tom-tom last weekend whilst in Melbourne, was very happy with it, and soon learnt that any "local knowlegde" was 90% of the time bettered by the tom toms knowledge .

No navman experience, not qualified to speak on it.

Comment

+1 nokia 6110
        Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

Fuck - get a Garmin! Nuvi 660 w as great for trip round oz recently - garmin also have off road software which gives you all your little goat tracks and beach tracks.
          also has cool function that lets you know how far away you are from the nearest atm,hotel,servo,KFC,cinema etc....

GL

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
            Nokia 6110
            Originally posted by rc_sam View Post
            +1 nokia 6110
            If you can find one....
            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
              If you can find one....
              yeah, And if/when you do, can you let me know? I have been going in and asking every week or two, and keep getting the same answer, "should be withing the next two weeks"

Anyone know anything about the Blackberry Phone that supposedly does GPS?

Comment

Otherhalf has a blackberry for work through Telstra. GPS function doesnt work without a $15pm subscription to whereis. Im sure there'd have to be a way around that with some third party sw.
                In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                Its the little things that make the difference
                Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Aphex View Post
                  Otherhalf has a blackberry for work through Telstra. GPS function doesnt work without a $15pm subscription to whereis. Im sure there'd have to be a way around that with some third party sw.
                  do you pay the subscription? if so do you know how the navigation function compares to the nokia one? The bill isnt my problem, work will take care of it so they shouldnt mind paying to make sure i get from site to site as efficintly as possible.

Shaun

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo View Post
                    I used the tom-tom last weekend whilst in Melbourne, was very happy with it, and soon learnt that any "local knowlegde" was 90% of the time bettered by the tom toms knowledge .

No navman experience, not qualified to speak on it.
                    ^ Ditto. I've used TomTom and have found it is that good I haven't bothered trying anything else.

Comment

We have the Garmin Nuvi 300. Had it since February this year.
                      Used it in Melbourne (worked very well, especially when I asked it to avoid the Toll Roads etc for me).
                      However, it did have a hissy fit a couple of weeks ago, and was all over the place. Finished up having to do a full reset (thought I would lose all my info, favourites etc., but didn't). Works like a treat, again.
                      Will try it on the bike soon (in the upper compartment of the tank bag, with ear pieces attached. Power will be from the Powerlet outlet in the glove box of the bike even tho' the unit operates with battery).
                      Originally posted by Viper
                      I'm probably fucking something up.
                      FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                      Administrator

Comment

I take it no dealers are around. I've been looking around for one but the only one with specs that suit me is the Navman S90i.

Went for a trip around WA last month with a nuvi 550 and the only place it stumbled was between Pardoo and Marble Bar. Could have been due to going via Shay Gap. It got confused a bit around all the mining tracks out there. But a quick comparison with GPS coords to the good old paper map had us back on the right track.
                        To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.

Originally posted by PSB Forum Software
                        Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.

Comment

My two cents . . . .

Both are very good i can get the tomtom cheap so i would use this.

Cheers Rickyj

Comment

Originally posted by goof View Post
                            ^ Ditto. I've used TomTom and have found it is that good I haven't bothered trying anything else.
                            ^^ +1
                            www.redbackgraphics.com.au www.crazybitchracing.com www.speedeventseries.com www.letmecheckmygafmeter.com

Comment

Finished up with a Uniden GNS 8365.
                              I renewed my phone contract with Telstra
                              and they gave me one and a new phone.
                              Makes you wonder how much these things
                              are really worth and how much we're getting
                              overcharged.

Comment

Working...
                              X