Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for apprenticeship

Hey,

looking for either a plastering or electrican apprenticeship, havent had any experience, but im over sales and marketing now..

Cheers

if you're looking electrical, a pre-apprenticeship is useful.

otherwise, what sort of elect? house/industrial/mechanical?

Comment

yeah i know a pre ap would help but i cant really afford to attend tafe full time and go back to a casual job.. house electrican

Comment

http://www.det.wa.edu.au/training/cd...aineeships.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by darryl View Post
          yeah i know a pre ap would help but i cant really afford to attend tafe full time and go back to a casual job.. house electrican
          I'm a sparky by trade and I'd recommend against being a house basher.
          Industrial / commercial is the way to make money.

Comment

yeah ive had a read thorugh the 3 steps of starting an apprenticeship, i guess now trying to find an employer.

Comment

Give EGT (Electrical Group Training.. i think?) a buzz.. they take on heaps of sparky apprentices.. we've had heaps come through the company i work at.. and you get a choice of house bashing, mining industrial, and commercial thoughout the course of your apprenticeship.

Comment

Originally posted by RagnaroK View Post
                Give EGT (Electrical Group Training.. i think?) a buzz.. they take on heaps of sparky apprentices.. we've had heaps come through the company i work at.. and you get a choice of house bashing, mining industrial, and commercial thoughout the course of your apprenticeship.
                cheers mate ill see how i go with them

Comment

E.G.T !

That's where we get our apprentices from.

I would say you will be hard pressed to find a mob that will take you on.

Cheers Rickyj

Comment

Are you willing / able to relocate to the north west?

Comment

Originally posted by RagnaroK View Post
                      My Dad used to work for EGT and they are great for apprenticeships. You end with a great range of skills because you can try commercial, residential, mining, fire protection and more. If you don’t like your boss you transfer, if you don’t like the work you transfer. If the work is quiet / runs out (which is common if you are working for a contractor, especially a bad or slack one) EGT will keep paying you until they find you some work. The conditions are A1 and possibilities endless. Well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by 19andrew59 View Post
                        I'm a sparky by trade and I'd recommend against being a house basher.
                        Industrial / commercial is the way to make money.

Cough

Bullshit

Cough

I do house bashing. Not new houses thats fuck all money for alot of work. Small domestic jobbing. In and out all cash work baby.

But you stick to your industrial/commercial and ill enjoy my house and garage full of toys.

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

not trying to plug em by any means but if you wanted to try a marine electrical apprenticeship, austals might be something to look at..

-bc

*edit* yes i know he's saying he wanted industrial/commercial style sparky work but incase he hadnt thought about it, i was just mentioning it..

Comment

+1

not much money to be made house bashing.
                            GO ON, TRY IT...SEE WHAT HAPPENS...OOOH THATS GONNA HURT.

Comment

Working...
                            X