Oil & Gas Jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil & Gas Jobs

As the worm has turned full circle, I have left the field and am now flying a desk. As such I can offer those who have the right "stuff" a foot in the door for the offshore oil and gas game.

Please disregard all my previous posts about it sucking balls... its actually great... really

We are looking for two distinct "tiers" of recruit;
    Green as grass - Junior trainee
    Some trade skills - Medium trainee

Key things needed;
    Good to rooly good IT / Electronic aptitude
    An ability to make shit work
    An ability to live in close proximity to a hundred or so men (and the odd chick) on an oil rig.
    A passport or be able to get one.
    Nothing that would prevent visa's for other countrys (like a record for human trafficking, murder etc...)
    Pass random drug testing
    Flexibility
    The ability to live away from family/friends for 4,5,6 weeks at a time.
    The ability to work in occasional shitholes.
    An ability to smile sweetly when the client tears you a new one....this should actually be up the top

The position/s are what we call "Ad Hoc" meaning a job comes up, you go, you do a report, you get time off... occasional last minute phone calls "Can you please go to the airport tomorrow - we need someone in China for 4weeks".

The ratio we work on is roughly 180days away, 90days office/workshop, 90days off.

Money is worked out by Basic Salary + Bonus (for days on ticket to client)

The Junior roles are aimed at "younguns" to be trained up. Money reflects that. Should bring in approx $50K to $60K pa.

The Medium roles are aimed at people that may have some industry experience or technical qualifications. Should bring in $70K to $90K pa.

Example;
    A youngun joined 18months ago.
    He has attended the 3month training school in UK (Aberdeen).
    He has been thrown in the deep end and is now punted out as "Lead Operator" - he should touch $90K.

From there - the more skills / courses we can get you on the more jobs you can do. The greater your worth to the company.

There are quiet times - when you have to survive on you base salary for the month. But we can normally get you out to other bases in different countries to get your bonus up.

Two of our younguns had busy months in Oct (approx 26 days away) and would have taken home approx $8K gross for the month.

From there the sky is the limit (kinda). Last year was yr 11 for me and I pulled in over $200K with approx half the year off. I have no trade certs and am a uni drop out.

I hear the boss is a really really nice guy too..... (its me)

The company is throwing a lot of money at personnel development. It is an exciting time to get onboard given that Oil prices are going sky high.

Other good things to consider;
    Overseas travel
    Adventure ?
    Slow start in $ but exponential growth to comparatively huge $$$
    Company has no glass ceiling based on degrees - all our upper management were shit kickers in the field once.

Thats all I can think of.

if you are interested send CV to [email protected]

We are only looking for 3 people.
    Ladies are more than welcome to apply.

Thanks,
    b_h
    I like to box. How I like to box.
    So, every day, I box a Gox.
    In yellow socks I box my Gox.
    I box in yellow Gox box socks.

Originally posted by big_harold View Post

Key things needed;

An ability to make shit work

An ability to live in close proximity to a hundred or so men (and the odd chick) on an oil rig.

Flexibility

b_h
    Are you looking for flexible people because there are many positions?? And only 60k..that doesn't sound like much.

Comment

Can I be a junior at 22?

Comment

Hmmm I currently work offshore for an Oil and Gas Company, is the above for Drill rigs or for Production Facilities...???
        Sponsored by:
        Coote Industrial, Comleck- electrical,
        Motorcycle Panel and Paint, Milkd

Comment

^^^ WHS
          Am looking to get into offshore.. But Production side of it.. Woodside/Maersk/Apache
          sigpicJoseph Nobody Sponsor.

Comment

Simplified Oil / Gas well life cycle;
            Seismic then Drilling then Testing then Production then Abandonment
            We are in the Testing phase.
            Hence we operate predominantly on MODU's (Mobile Offshore Drilling Units) - or oilrigs as they are commonly known.

I am looking for techies.
            Not people who can lift heavy things and hump pipe in the hot hot sun.
            I am offering a career path.

Regarding other jobs;
            Yes - you can earn $80K making beds and cleaning toilets up North. Not my cup of tea.
            Yes - you can earn $100K+ being a Roustabout or Roughneck. But by god they'll make you earn it - you will learn the meaning of "manual labour"...

If you can get these jobs great - go for them. But thats the key thing - you gotta get them first.
            As a green techie you have zero worth to the company for the first 12-18months.
            After that you money increases accordingly.

$60K for someone that knows fuckall as a starting package is fair.
            And that is for someone with zero experience.
            If you've got IT or electronics then you are a more valuable recruit - hence more $ at start point.

Age is no barrier. One of my guys (senior guy) is 61 !! I shit you not.

This position is about using your head not your body.

Email me for a no bullshit assessment of your chances. If I cant employ you I might be able to point you in the right direction...
            Last edited by big_harold; 23-11-2007, 08:43 PM.

Comment

For those that sent me CV's to [email protected] I will reply.
              For those who want to send stuff I am up in Darwin for Mon and Tues so will respond mid to end of next week.

Comment

Originally posted by big_harold View Post
                Simplified Oil / Gas well life cycle;
                Seismic then Drilling then Testing then Production then Abandonment
                We are in the Testing phase.
                Hence we operate predominantly on MODU's (Mobile Offshore Drilling Units) - or oilrigs as they are commonly known.

I am looking for techies.
                Not people who can lift heavy things and hump pipe in the hot hot sun.
                I am offering a career path.

Regarding other jobs;
                Yes - you can earn $80K making beds and cleaning toilets up North. Not my cup of tea.
                Yes - you can earn $100K+ being a Roustabout or Roughneck. But by god they'll make you earn it - you will learn the meaning of "manual labour"...

If you can get these jobs great - go for them. But thats the key thing - you gotta get them first.
                As a green techie you have zero worth to the company for the first 12-18months.
                After that you money increases accordingly.

$60K for someone that knows fuckall as a starting package is fair.
                And that is for someone with zero experience.
                If you've got IT or electronics then you are a more valuable recruit - hence more $ at start point.

Age is no barrier. One of my guys (senior guy) is 61 !! I shit you not.

This position is about using your head not your body.

Email me for a no bullshit assessment of your chances. If I cant employ you I might be able to point you in the right direction...
                Take it that it is with a company like Schlumberger or Halliburton or one of the other worldwide well testing companies. I totaly agree that the rates are good for a "novice" to get into the industry and you always have to walk before running, not going to get a job with the big production companies just like that. Good to see you have someone over 60 still at it. I've been in the industry since the 70's and still go overseas mind getting sick of the cold up here in Russia, tonight wind chill is -34c! hope whoever you get understands you only move on by putting the effort in and its a small industry where word travels both good and bad.

Comment

I , at the moment work for WELL opps a Helix company, who do sub sea oilwellwork.
                  Situated in Jandakot.
                  Excelent group of people and a company on the Go!
                  Well Opps is looking for people who want to get a career in the Oil & Gass industry.
                  If you are a Sparky, electronicly scholed, or fitter, give them a call monday and ask for Bruce, he is the Project manager, and a top bloke!
                  Very interesting work and all the overtime you want.
                  Last edited by Jamathi; 25-11-2007, 09:05 AM. Reason: un nec detail

Comment

Working...
                  X