Limestone wall/garden bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limestone wall/garden bed

Ok, gotta finish off my backyard.. had a few quotes - but have been insane for the amount of work needed..

I need a couple of garden beds done under my patio from reconstituted blocks.. anyone here a block layer ? or into this ? it's not the great wall of china..
    Come and see us in the 2011 Avon Descent - we're racing boat #234 !

why not do it yourself? it's not hard with limestone.

Comment

hahahahah that's what i said last time.. and couldnt walk for 2 days..

mind you, it would probably help if i wasnt throwing the 40-60 kilo blocks myself..

Comment

Hire a kanga if you can get it in the back yard. You can get an attachment for them to lift the blocks.
        In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
        Its the little things that make the difference
        Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
        If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Aphex View Post
          Hire a kanga if you can get it in the back yard. You can get an attachment for them to lift the blocks.

they're great if you want to tear up your back lawn. Call D + L Landscaping speak to Daniel on 0410 173 484 he did a great job on my place (limestone garden beds, paving, grass etc) and was a SHITLOAD cheaper than anyone else.
          Originally posted by kyliejane
          benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
          Originally posted by harns
          Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Not if they've got lawn tyres you goose. We do about 10km of trenching and other things with our kanga eveyr month & dont ruin any lawns.
            In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
            If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

+1 for Dingo Digger/Kanga

cool fun too, especially driving it down the road to teh servo

Comment

How much work is there? is it a single day or more?

Do you have the blocks/sand/cement already or do you want that supplied as well?

Comment

use block lifters cost bugger all or hire them. two people can lift into place by hand easy...................

BIGFELLA

Comment

Yeah, I _can_ do it.. used a kanga heaps while i was working at csbp, and have experience with bobcat's, fork lifts and front end loaders.. so i know what i need to do..

I was just hoping for a more professional finish, cos you know - the difference in the look at the end of the day is a bit better..

I wouldnt attempt to be a dentist cos it aint my regular job..

It's cool, I'll lay the footing and do the wall myself.. the wife said " I'll help " - but i can just see it now.. me: " push the block " - wife: " Push the bloody block yourself - I'm going inside " LOL

Comment

"thats nice dear, while you're in there, theres a nice cold beer in the fridge. Be a darling and bring it out for me will you."

Comment

Working...
                      X