Is there a plumber in the house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a plumber in the house?

Hi all, anyone out there proficient in the art of plumbing? My solar hws seems to be having a few "issues" @ present and I'd like to do mother nature a favour by stopping the bastard thing from leaking large amounts of water!

Anyone?

Cheers in advance

GL

I'm not a plumber but after a creating a waterfeature in the laundry wall. Ok so maybe I'm not so good with a drill

I would highly recommend Stewart Game of Game Plumbing - 0408 911 026 since he came round first thing the next morning and proceeded to fix the hole in pipe for a very reasonable price.

Comment

Andy @ Betta Gas
      0418 933 938

Comment

sounds to me like a split tank on your solar system, Been there done that. Either spend heaps for new or try and get a Edwards stainless one fitted second hand. Check the yellow pages. Second hand is about $500, new is heaps.
        Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Thanks heaps everyone. just have to wait til monday now i guess.

GL

Comment

Call Alinta Assist. 13 13 58 option 5. 24/7 service.

No I won't answer the phone I'm on holidays but one of the boys should be able to fix you up with a temp unit if you got no hot water or we can get someone round to have a look and price you up on a new unit.

Personally I'd go gas instantaneous. Solar for all it's glory is a pain in the ass and the electric boosters are not cheap to have running in winter.

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

Alinta Assist is full of crap.

They're an overpriced bullshit company that's not actually part of ALinta. They just use the name and get all the referrals from them, but are a separate company.

use them if you want to pay twice what another plumber (better quality) would charge!

Comment

Hahahaha ok.

True they are not part of Alinta Gas.

As for better quality, no other plumbers, gas fitters and electricians get more inspections than us.

Price, yeah they are a little more expensive than some of the others, not all tho, and certainly not twice the price. For a replacement hot water system one of the guys will come out and give a quote. You get a cheaper quote then go with it. However no other plumbers in perth offer hot water in 24hrs guaranteed if you don't have any. You want that kind of service, well it comes at a price.

But hey to be honest I really don't give a fuck. I just sub contract as a saprky to them. Just offering some advice...

Comment

true on the 24/7 thing.

better off getting an Alinta Approved (not the same as Alinta Assist) installer rather than ordinary dodgy one.

Comment

Originally posted by FireStorm View Post
                    Personally I'd go gas instantaneous. Solar for all it's glory is a pain in the ass and the electric boosters are not cheap to have running in winter.
                    Could you run a solar system into a gas instantaneous rig? So it only kicks the gas on if the solar hasn't already heated it?
                    It is worth remembering that when a person dies, his or her funeral contributes to the Gross Domestic Product, even though they are no longer there.
                    - David James

Comment

Originally posted by Juffy View Post
                      Could you run a solar system into a gas instantaneous rig? So it only kicks the gas on if the solar hasn't already heated it?
                      Umm. I'll have to check with one of the plumbers. I seem to remember one of em bitching aboiut having to run pipes for a system to do this very thing. Can't remember if it was actually feasable or not.

Comment

yeah you can, but might need additional temp sensor(s) wired in to a setpoint

Comment

plumber says gas instantaneous will fire up no matter what the input temperature is. then it will get confused cause the set temp of storage is over 65deg and instant set temp is 50deg.

broughams idea may work. but my guy recomends having 2 ball valves to switch between units in the diff seasons.

Comment

^ same as what my dad (plumber/gas fitter) said.

Comment

can anyone get a good price on a replacement (and fitted) instant hot water system, ball park?

as for Alinta Assist, could be a trade practices action there for misleading and deceptive, it is likely to mislead after all......

Comment

Working...
                              X