Need garage door motor fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need garage door motor fixed

We have a Merlin garage door motor fitted to a panel lift door.

Motor started making strange 'straining' noises the other day. Yesterday, refused to go. Now kapuut.

Anyone in the know...or know someone in the know? Will be ringing the distributor tomorrow morning for help, but just putting out to the GREAT people of PSB first. Motor unit is approximately 10 years old.
    Originally posted by Viper
    I'm probably fucking something up.
    FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
    Administrator

Hmmm. Might be cheaper to replace than repair.

New motors are generally cheaper than rewinding old ones.

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

yeah, had thought of that....tops off a nice weekend for me. The HD on the PC crashed as well.

Considering all that....I've stayed away from the FJR....next ride won't be until January 1st.

Administrator

Comment

Steve

A client (& racing sponsor of mine) is Gryphon Garage Doors in Malaga, give 'em a call; nice, helpful peeps to deal with, tell 'em Graeme the IT guy said to call

Gryphon Garage Doors, Perth | Automatic Garage Doors, Perth | Garage Door Installations, Perth

Ask for Alan (Sales Manager) - 9249 6446
        .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

Brilliant....thanks Graeme

Administrator

Comment

have a quick looksee if there is a fuse in there, and if so if it has blown.
            fuse is cheap, Mkay!

Comment

Don't think it's the fuse Bert....I can still hear the motor trying to get going (very softly)...light still works too.
              Last edited by FJ Steve; 17-12-2007, 07:54 AM.

Administrator

Comment

sound like the driver/gear linkage is broken.
                open it up and see whats nackered, sometimes it is just a simple think and easily fixable

Comment

there's a merlin agent just off joondalup dr next to a tyre mob. i bought a replacement remote off him a while back.

cnr astori and joondalup, in that bunch of shops on the cnr, he faces joon
                  dr.

hope that helps

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Also, could be a start or run capacitor mate (if your lucky) - pretty simple fix if the part is available.

What ever is the problem, get that bad boy apart, see whats rooted, and take us some piccys!!!

I spose 10 years is a pretty good life out of an item like that - might be time for a new one.
                    Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

regular lube on the tracks, and the chain = less strain on your motor..

I do mine regular, and get the service guy out every 2 years ( they suggest every 12 months.. but why bother if it's running smooth ? )

had 6 years so far on my door..
                      Come and see us in the 2011 Avon Descent - we're racing boat #234 !

Comment

PM sent... WA Roller doors

DD

Comment

Originally posted by CBillyR View Post
                          PM sent... WA Roller doors

DD
                          Cheers Dave, will do.

A client (& racing sponsor of mine) is Gryphon Garage Doors in Malaga, give 'em a call; nice, helpful peeps to deal with, tell 'em Graeme the IT guy said to call
                          Yeah...rang them. Your preferred contact is on holidays (but the girl who answered the phone wasn't really sure, she said "he's not here, I don't think he's coming back until after Christmas") so I asked for soemone else. No-one else available at that time so she took my details, but yet to hear anyfink.

Administrator

Comment

Working...
                          X