Where my mining/oil/gas buddies at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where my mining/oil/gas buddies at?

So I need to save some epic amounts of money as we are looking at buying our first home together and unfortunately my current role isn't working out so well. So i keep hearing the economy's getting better and mining is about to boom again. Also how much better the money is. Some of you may remember me querying about jobs previously as I haven't been sure what I want to do, however this time it's more what I need to do to get things going for my future.

I'm finding these jobs are a bit harder to come by but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. So does anyone have any info/tips/advice etc pretty please
    Splling n grammaz rebel fo lyfe. Wotevs homoez.

i keep hearing that things are picking up, but there's bugger all new job ads for sparkies in oil/gas/mining
    "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

We have heaps from OMS on board now.
      Off shore marine servises
      REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
      (anarchy in english )

Comment

Originally posted by shan View Post
        We have heaps from OMS on board now.
        Off shore marine servises

Links??

All quiet on the Oil/Gas front at the moment....

Comment

go on seek.com

hwe will be and are looking for ppl ya need a hr license though and a small bit of experiance
          Is Dead

Comment

Links??

All quiet on the Oil/Gas front at the moment....

There is an old thread arround here somewhere.
            Big fella started it and eventully put up some great links and contacts there,
            I will go and have a look around
            hang on .
            REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
            (anarchy in english )

Comment

Here ya go
              About half way down the page

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-there-33843/4
              REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
              (anarchy in english )

Comment

Sorry to hear the new role isn't going so well.

To work offshore, you'll need to get your HUET. I didn't particularly enjoy mine, but you might love it. A tad expensive however.

As for mining, are you talking about doing FIFO work? If that's the case, you may be hard pressed to find admin FIFO work, however seek.com is your friend.

Best of luck. If you're willing to work hard, you'll find what you need.

Comment

HWE were ramping things up last time I checked, worth checking out their website...

Comment

Try looking at specific mining company websites - BHP, Minara resources, rio, woodside etc.
                    For jobs in the villages/camps cleaning or working in the tavern etc try ESS (Eurest)
                    Drilling companies are always looking for offsiders. HR license required generally, they like employing females because it makes the boys work harder :p
                    Transpacific industrial services. hard work though.

It really depends on what you want to do up there and what skills/experience you've got, if you can narrow it down a bit you might find it easier.

Also after the boom ended shite loads of experienced people were put out of work and will generally get first preference when things pick up again.

Comment

Go drive Haulpaks.

Comment

haha, seek was the 1st place I looked.
                        Splling n grammaz rebel fo lyfe. Wotevs homoez.

Comment

better off looking at the company websites, as has been said.

HWE / Byrnecut / Rio / BP / Woodside / Macmahon / FMH etc etc

Comment

Seriously, forget admin jobs unless it's for a construction project (gorgon/wheatstone/other mining), they are few and far between.
                            Look at getting in as a peggy or a truck driver.

Comment

Mobs like Richards Mining Services are pretty good for running courses in dump truck operation. You aren't guaranteed employment once completed but it all helps. The mine i used to work for hire through them. The courses can be expensive but you gotta spend money to make money

Comment

Working...
                              X