No announcement yet.

Where my mining/oil/gas buddies at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll give you a big hug when I see you...

Comment

Originally posted by FJ Steve View Post
      Congrats Elise.

Level headed thinking there "Happiness at home is more important than money"

Interestingly...we are currently looking for an Admin Clerk for our office at Mt Keith. 2 weeks on 1 week off. Great team...good work. We will make a decision on the present applicants by Friday. (we need it filled pronto)...but in saying that...we are looking for more admin people.

Apply at Home

Follow the "Careers" link. If you do apply...PM me and/or send me your CV. I 'may' may be able to offer advice and or assistance within the recruiting process.
      Steve, are you at Mt Keith?.
      "It moved"

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey View Post
        Steve, are you at Mt Keith?.
        a looooong time ago I was.

But...no more FIFO for this black duck (for the time being). I followed my own advice........"Happiness at home is more important than money".

everyday I count the blessings involved with sharing your life with such a wonderful woman, an appreciative son and a fertile daughter (and her fiance) who have presented us with the most gorgeous grand-daughter.

I thought I'd regret the FIFO lifestyle ($$$s, opportunities), but nuh uh....this is de life.
        Originally posted by Viper
        I'm probably fucking something up.
        FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
        Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Harro View Post
          Good tohear it all worked out Elise, shame that you didnt join the mining revolution, but there's always the future

On a differnet note, im sick to death of working in Leinster, anyone know of any BHP possies going elsewhere? I want to stick with BHP as I've got a fair few fingers in pies, but I want out of NickleWest. I've been trying to get into iron ore, but without luck, anyone care to help?

As has been said before, word of mouth is more moving than a resume emailed out.
          Haha, its funny to read the things that you posted up in the distant past.

Im now at Port Hedland. And up till recently was looking at getting out of BHP altogether, but luckily things have changed.

I now <3 BHP.

Comment

Left 4/1 last year to switch to 9/5 to be able to spend more time at home with the (now) fiancee, but I still dont feel its enough and find myself getting more and more homesick... and then had an offer this week to go to an 11/3 (days) swing for a year along with very, very attractive package.. I know being away again will be shit but weighing up the financial benefits from sticking out a longer stint again... damn decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by bangbang View Post
              Left 4/1 last year to switch to 9/5 to be able to spend more time at home with the (now) fiancee, but I still dont feel its enough and find myself getting more and more homesick... and then had an offer this week to go to an 11/3 (days) swing for a year along with very, very attractive package.. I know being away again will be shit but weighing up the financial benefits from sticking out a longer stint again... damn decisions.
              Dude - if your homesick on a 9/5, then an 11/3 will be a lot worse.

i've also found that no matter how much you earn - you just buy more toys. But spending time with a partner you like is a lot more rewarding than having a heap of toys.

Comment

Anyone know of any BMW jobs going offshore? I'm getting no where at the moment. Would really appreciate any help or advice!
                Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground...

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                  I'll give you a big hug when I see you...
                  haha, what a great surprise!

Originally posted by FJ Steve View Post
                  a looooong time ago I was.

But...no more FIFO for this black duck (for the time being). I followed my own advice........"Happiness at home is more important than money".

everyday I count the blessings involved with sharing your life with such a wonderful woman, an appreciative son and a fertile daughter (and her fiance) who have presented us with the most gorgeous grand-daughter.

I thought I'd regret the FIFO lifestyle ($$$s, opportunities), but nuh uh....this is de life.
                  What a lovely thing to read! Congrats to you and your family!

There do seem to be a lot of opportunities coming up from what I hear thru the grapevine. People looking, it's hard but stay focussed and good luck!
                  Splling n grammaz rebel fo lyfe. Wotevs homoez.

Comment

Some of the swings I hear about sound horrible and the company ends up owning you for 9 months a year. I do 28/28, only work half the year and my company pays most of my tax.. I only intend to do it for 3 or 4 years but this could change. If you want the serious money you need to go in a ops role with a actual oil/gas company and not a contractor. I know guys doing the same job as me on $1000 USD a day and the company pays their income tax.. 180 k a year after tax..

Comment

Originally posted by Harro View Post
                      Im now at Port Hedland.
                      What department?
                      I'm with electrical maintenance engineering, over the road from the Top Shop, Nelson Point.

Comment

Working...
                      X