A day in the life of a servo worker.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A day in the life of a servo worker.

I was called a bitch 5 times in 6 hours yesterday, I was sleep deprived and was very busy (to those who got sms's- i can be busy and bored at the same time!), and reached the end of my patience. BUT I was polite, and did try to explain it was company policy for whatever they were calling me a bitch for.

Here's how YOU can help keep your local worker sane (don't worry about me - I'm beyond help ):

1: look at the pump number of where you are pumping petrol, pointing in a general direction and saying 'that car over there' doesn't help us much. Neither does saying 'the white car' when there's 4 white cars out in the forecourt.
    2: we are not mind readers. do not come into the store, hand us your card/cash and smile blankly, cos you're more than likely to get the same back.
    3: we don't care if you're in a hurry. you should have got out of bed ten minutes earlier. now get back in line and wait your turn ffs.
    4: we can only help as much as you help us. seriously. you act like a total asshole expect to be treated like one.
    5: when we have a huge line past the door, don't suddenly decide to get a bottle of coke. it'll rot your teeth anyway (if the 250kg truckie behind you doesn't knock them out first)
    6: thankyou for giving me the weather report. you're the first person to tell me. the window is there for display purposes only.
    7: yes, i know when the fuel price is going down, and i also know the numbers for next week's lotto. but i'm not telling you.
    8: i am not a mechanic, i don't know what oil your car takes. hell, i don't even know what oil MY car takes.
    9: it doesn't hurt to be nice. after having a shit day it's good to have a regular customer that makes you smile.

thankyou, have a nice day
    Originally posted by vk6hgr
    My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

awwwww, there there *pats you on the back*
    Now my guns are blazin' Bloodclot i can see 360

Comment

UUMMMMMMMMM sound like somebody needs a hug

Comment

Geeze you servo workers are all the same, all you seem to do is complain about your bad days and awful customers
        http://www.internetblackout.com.au/

Comment

Originally posted by Daise@Aug 29 2005, 01:04 PM
          it's good to have a regular customer that makes you smile.
          [snapback]152272[/snapback]
          That's why your always so excited to see us girls when we come in

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Power@Aug 29 2005, 01:49 PM
            That's why your always so excited to see us girls when we come in*
            [snapback]152293[/snapback]
            Exactly!! Pity I don't have a camera on my phone though

Comment

was at the servo near my place late last night getting fuel and milk when this guy ran in, said "where's your gas mate?" and after being told they had run out, the guy started mouthing off like a tosser and complaining about how this was the sixth servo he'd been to, and "why dont you cover up your sign if you dont have any ffs!"
              lol
              I had a good laugh.
              hope he ran out of gas on the way home
              No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Daise@Aug 29 2005, 01:55 PM
                Exactly!! Pity I don't have a camera on my phone though* *
                [snapback]152295[/snapback]

Use the store camera We have your number now so BRING IT ON

Comment

i have to add this being a motorcycle forum:

I dont like the smell of burning Pubes so when filling get off.

and to the bloke who told me " i bet if i was a gypsy joker you wouldn't tell me to get off": My boss was bigger and uglier, than any bikie ive seen and im more afraid of her.

note: boss was my mother-in-law

Comment

Go on, let us know which servo so we can all come past and brighten your day.

Better still, are you working when the MAD ride is on? I'm sure it'd cheer you up to have 500 bikes turn up on the forecourt.

-goof

Comment

Originally posted by letterman@Aug 29 2005, 02:31 PM
                      i have to add this being a motorcycle forum:

I dont like the smell of burning Pubes so when filling get off.

and to the bloke who told me " i bet if i was a gypsy joker you wouldn't tell me to get off": My boss was bigger and uglier, than any bikie ive seen and im more afraid of her.

note: boss was my mother-in-law*
                      [snapback]152311[/snapback]
                      On my last shift at Caltex (half an hour left) this HUGE bikie wouldn't get off his bike, and I wouldn't authorise his pump. so he sent in his moll to scream obscenities at me to make me authorise it. i got the whole "it'll ruin the paint blah blah blah" (i had stopped listening after 2 seconds) and all i said to her was:

"you'll have alot more to worry about if it sparks up. i am NOT performing first aid on his burnt balls. now he can get off his bike and get fuel or you can go elsewhere."

she shut up and went out. the transaction went quite smoothly after that...

also, mobile phones do cause fires. we had one at a site last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Daise@Aug 29 2005, 06:35 PM

also, mobile phones do cause fires. we had one at a site last week.
                        [snapback]152404[/snapback]

mythbusters don't lie... they dont cause boom...
                        tba.....

Comment

Which Caltex site ? My missus used to work for them But she jumped ship and is now working for BP Innaloo... She gets the same shit day in day out, OH and before the smart assed comments it's not cause the BP is Inaloo hehehe

Comment

Mosman Park.... I'm now in Malaga (but not caltex)

Comment

Originally posted by Daise@Aug 29 2005, 06:50 PM
                              Mosman Park.... I'm now in Malaga (but not caltex)
                              [snapback]152419[/snapback]
                              Cool, just around the corner from here, hmm Shell, Mobil or Ampol ??

But yer I know what you mean, she used to come home here upset at times, then takes it out on me, but I quiet like that in a non perverted way But that was when she was with Caltex, mumble grumble mumbles.. Since she went to BP she is really enjoying the work again.

Comment

Working...
                              X