Backloading or courier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backloading or courier

heh guys might need some car doors bought over from Melbourne next week (depends if I win them on eBay - yeh I'll be careful, don't want to get scammed :o ).

Anyone have contacts for backloading (or whatever ya call it) or for a non dodgy courier or whatever PM me Thanks
    If you've put yourself in a position where someone has to see you in order for you to be safe -- to see you, and to give a fuck -- you've already blown it." -- Neal Stephenson,

backloading is from perth to melbourne, as 95% of the freight that crosses the nullabor is coming here..... most of the trains and trucks you see heading back are dead empty....... so the frieght coming over is nice and expensive, and for light but bulky frieght, you will pay by the cubic size, not the weight...... we usually use GKR Transport, based in Welshpool, for all of our east-west freight from Melbourne, try giving them a call.....

Comment

I phoned around and got quotes a while ago when transporting my bike to sydney and back.

WA Freight lines was the cheapest return at $550 for a fully crated bike

My lowest quote to get it to Sydney was $150 which goes to show the difference in the direction.

Phone around - there is heaps of varience

Darren Lomman

To find out more about the paraplegic motorcycle project, please visit www.dreamfit.com.au
      or contact Darren by email at darren@dreamfit.com.au or phone on 0413 866 221

Comment

I have a connection. PM sent.
        BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED, FOR THEY ARE THE ONES THAT LET THE LIGHT IN

Comment

i did abit of a ring around when bringing over some pocketbikes from melbourne, and found a place called CS express to be the cheapest by far
          Respect is earned, not enforced.

Comment

Yep, outbound freight from Perth is stupidly cheap. My company was at one stage looking to supply inland Queensland (Mount Isa, Longreach) from here, as the freight is actually cheaper that sending it from the other warehouse in Brisbane.
            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

GKR Transport
              thats who I got to bring my rgv rolling chassis (in crate) over from melbourne.
              cost me the better part of $300 iirc.
              No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Originally posted by sathid@Sep 1 2005, 05:05 PM
                thats who I got to bring my rgv rolling chassis (in crate) over from melbourne.
                cost me the better part of $300 iirc.
                [snapback]153505[/snapback]
                for the size of it, that aint bad...... the best thing i can say with things like this is, dismantle as much as you can, and get the overall size down.... they are charged according to the size of the package, not the weight, and the smaller you can make it, the better..... not that this is possible for a full bike, but a rolling chassis should be able to be made smaller by taking some of it apart....

Comment

yes, what do they call it, cubic weight or something.
                  some info on the royal mail (uk post) website.
                  No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Working...
                  X