Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get ride of a Little Pied Cormorant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to get ride of a Little Pied Cormorant

    Hi,

    Theres a Little Pied Cormorant Constantly diving into our fish pond and out. We've got baby Koi's that have just hatched and thats why he or she is here.

    It wont go away. We've tried chasing it, throwing stuff at it. Keeps coming back.


  • #2
    Fence over the top of the pond?

    Comment


    • #3
      shadecloth? or if that's a problem due to lack of sunlight, wire netting?

      and I could quote the famous Ferris quote... but I won't...

      Comment


      • #4
        buy netting, the same stuff they use for fruit trees and vineyards...

        check your local net supplier, nursery or ebay




        or get a decent gun / crossbow / slingshot...

        Comment


        • #5
          Nice photo!
          go get some chicken wire, make a frame for it to go over the pond, paint it black
          Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

          Comment


          • #6
            As mentioned, netting of some type is the go. You need to be careful though - if you use a material-type of net you run the risk of the bird getting caught up & possibly drowning. Budgie wire mounted about 6 inches below the surface always works - this gives the fish the option to raise to the top of the water & dive below the wire in case of any danger & there's no real chance of the bird getting caught in it (dont use chicken wire though, as the bird may end up getting it's head caught under water & drowning).
            I agree with the comment on the photo - it's very good. Did you take it?
            __________________________________________
            To err is human.
            To arr is pirate.

            Check out my 1198s Corse SE in the garage: Desmosedici Ohlins forks, magnesium wheels, Ohlins TTX rear shock, Kyle racing link, alloy subframe, carbon fairing stay, ceramic coated Termi full systen, PCV, lots of carbon & titanium.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sumfun4me View Post
              As mentioned, netting of some type is the go. You need to be careful though - if you use a material-type of net you run the risk of the bird getting caught up & possibly drowning. Budgie wire mounted about 6 inches below the surface always works - this gives the fish the option to raise to the top of the water & dive below the wire in case of any danger & there's no real chance of the bird getting caught in it (dont use chicken wire though, as the bird may end up getting it's head caught under water & drowning).
              I agree with the comment on the photo - it's very good. Did you take it?
              Yeah, i'll chat to the dad and see what we can with a net.

              No, i found it on google image. I took a few crappy pics of it though.

              Comment


              • #8
                get a cat

                or shoot it

                Comment


                • #9
                  One of these will do it

                  such comment
                  wow
                  many post

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    As have been said, if you really want to keep predators out, you need netting possibly with a heavy lattice to stop cats.

                    Otherwise, bird looks tasty... How endangered are they?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      probable more endangered than they'd be if they'd stop fuckin with people's fish

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Not endangered- had to count them on the river for a uni assignment- heaps of the little fuckers.

                        Standard pied cormorants are always eating our marron- I say dispose of the little thief.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cam View Post
                          One of these will do it

                          Maybe some statues of these might keep it at bay?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Rat750 View Post
                            Maybe some statues of these might keep it at bay?
                            Yeah i was thinking about a Statue as well. I know you can get owl statues. They might work.

                            It swims really well too. Dives in and comes out some places else.

                            I got my cat to sit next to the pond and it flew away. Came back after the cat wondered off though.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by The Acumen View Post
                              Yeah i was thinking about a Statue as well. I know you can get owl statues. They might work.

                              It swims really well too. Dives in and comes out some places else.

                              I got my cat to sit next to the pond and it flew away. Came back after the cat wondered off though.
                              yeah, fuck the fence idea... an owl statue will do it.


                              :mellow:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X