Wheelbarrows (or cash) desperately needed for Toodyay bushfires clean up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheelbarrows (or cash) desperately needed for Toodyay bushfires clean up

After our trip up to Toodyay on Sunday, we were advised what was most needed right now are wheelbarrows... preferably the bigger and stronger, the better (). The wheelbarrows will be used for yard cleanup of fallen trees, fenceposts etc. Money can be donated at any Bendigo Bank or online at Bendigo Bank Online Shop.

Please post up if you have a spare wheelbarrow you can donate or know where we can gain access to large numbers... anyone work in a hardware store? I will be asking a few local hardware stores if they wish to donate some wheelbarrows... wish me luck!

If we have enough to warrant a truck delivery, BigDee will drive his truck up to Toodyay. Drop off point NOR will be Osborne Park, but if there's enough SOR, they can be left at mine (Bentley) and BigDee can pick them up in one go from mine. Let me know if you are SOR.

Toodyay is virtually Perth's neighbour, and who hasn't been out for a quick blat to Toodyay? Please help the residents of Toodyay out, even though the fires were over a month ago, the cleanup has only really just begun.

Here's a motivational picture, to err... well, motivate you...

i wants a spare wheel barrow too ^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Get a wheelbarrow and do a wheelie...

Comment

Bumpage

Comment

Love the thought Kristy; but:

1. I'm not in a position to help.
          2. This sort of stuff shits me.

This is what tax dollars and government workers should be used for.

/mini rant
          "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." - Albert Einstein

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by JuanPablo View Post
            This is what tax dollars and government workers should be used for.

/mini rant
            After just about everything has been privatised and tendered out how many Govt workers do you think they are?
            Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

^^^ plenty. I watch them sit on their arse all day.

You could even start with the fire brigade if you liked. Instead of rescuing lost mobile phones from drains and playing tennis, they could clean up burnt areas. Shit, it might even garner a little public respect.

EDIT: That wasn't aimed at you Nero Please substitute the word 'you' for 'they'
              "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." - Albert Einstein

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
              X