Geographe Bay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geographe Bay

So me and the lady friend are heading to busselton for the long weekend.

Well me being a nOOb to this country and all, i don't really know what there is to do down there besides the obvious

I've had some people say to go to the caves, others say there is a cave hotel that goes off?????

Help

I'll be staying in busselton saturday and sunday night, but i wouldn't mind traveling for 1-2 hours to go see sights and places pubs bla bla you get the gist!

Cheers for all the help

Davo

Go for a drive down to the Cape. Beautiful scenery, and Sugar Loaf rock is spectacular when it's a little stormy.

And don't forget the underwater view at the end of the jetty.
    Originally posted by vk6hgr
    My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

heaps and heaps to do.

as far as caves go, go to jewel cave near augusta. its the furthers, but i reckon the best.

book the underwater observatory at the end of the jetty IN ADVANCE. they limit numbers and ive been caught out before. however, if the weather is shit and crap visibility it is shut too, so find out what happens if u have booked and its closed.

otherwise, lots and lots of wineries. some micro breweries too if u prefer beer. wicked ale brewey just west of dunsborough is has nice beers and some chicks style drinks too.

theres the choccy factory, cheese factories and yahava if coffee is your thing.

for really nice calm beaches try eagle bay, meelup beach or bunker bay. all just west of dunsborough.

if surfing is your thing, giddyup. plenty of awesome breaks.

expect to come back a bit fatter

enjoy the holiday

ps if u have further questions, PM me.

Comment

candle light dinners,
        romantic strolls along the beach
        hard core sex in the spa
        Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

you could fish

Comment

the "three bears", in yallinup is an awsome place for a drink and some music

Comment

Originally posted by Davo@Sep 6 2005, 03:54 PM
              So me and the lady friend are heading to busselton for the long weekend.

Well me being a nOOb to this country and all, i don't really know what there is to do down there besides the obvious

I've had some people say to go to the caves, others say there is a cave hotel that goes off?????

Help

I'll be staying in busselton saturday and sunday night, but i wouldn't mind traveling for 1-2 hours to go see sights and places pubs bla bla you get the gist!

Cheers for all the help

Davo
              [snapback]155372[/snapback]
              Caves Hotel (it's name) in Yallingup is closed for renovations but head back there in summer for the best Sunday session
              I wouldn't bother with the underwater observeratory in Busso, overrated and well overpriced to look at a pylon covered in barnicals
              Bootleg Brewery is awesome.
              Head out to towns like Pemberton and Nannup, awesome countryside

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1@Sep 6 2005, 04:38 PM
                candle light dinners,
                romantic strolls along the beach
                hard core sex in the spa
                [snapback]155395[/snapback]
                Thats what i meant by "besides the obvious"

I'm a big fan of beer So where can i find these awesome brewery's???

Also i guess these brewery's are only open during the day...so are there any good night spots, good pub and grills, live bands?

Cheers for all the help guys

Comment

the best bands go to the settlers tavern in margaret river or maggot creek and the three bears bar in dunsborough or dunny if there is not a band playing then dont bother going as they are both shitholes
                  I just checked the local rag and there is feck all on this weekend apart from the usual crappy dj

bootleg brewery is off johnson road which is off caves road and your mission if you choose to accept it is to drink 5 raging bulls and then try to walk out to the carpark good food good beer

colonial brewery which I have not been to yet but heard it is good is down osmington road which is off bussel highway apparently thay do a sunday arvo roast which is meant to be good value but does get busy, but I can vouch for the beer being good

wicked ale brewery is shit in my opinion but they may have got their act together

esplanade hotel in busso is good for a relaxing sunday session and they do a good value feed

if caves house ever opens again and your down in summer make sure you go to the sunday session vey enjoyable probably the best sunday session I have ever been to

I would personally reccomend going for a drive out to meelup eagle bay the lighthouse then yalingup caves road to augusta see the lighthouse, river mouth down there then wander up bussel hwy through maggot creek, that will take you past most things such as tourist attractions, winerys and the like while seeing some countryside

pm me if you want and i will give you my phone number if you need any more info
                  Sincerity is the key to success if you can fake that you've got it made.

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys, i'm leaving work in a minute woo hoo!

Have a good weekend

Comment

I know it's a bit late, but i got some photo's of my trip yesterday!

Thanks for all the help guys!

here are a couple of pic's

BB

Ngili Cave

Eagle Bay

I had a wicked time!

Comment

Theyre not the photos you promised us ..

Where are the ones from the spa
                        Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Pitty you couldn't get to eagle bay when the sun was out. The colour of the water is magnificent!! The overcast bay pales in comparison to when the sun is shining!
                          Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

Working...
                          X