Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me with paypal

hey all,
    I've been trying fruitlessly to organise my paypal account so that I can purchase some more gear from ebay, and become a forum supporter *queue violin music*
    Unfortunately I cant seem to work out how to transfer funds into my paypal account. I emailed them about it, and got a reply basically telling me at this time paypal cannot accept funds from australian accounts (which seems contrary to thier claims on thier australian website....I've emailed them to clarify) so I'm hoping that some of you here have had experience with using it, and can tell me how it's done. Or did I get myself a visa card for no reason....

you frustruated fellow forum member,
    Troy
    No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Paypal will deduct the money from credit card when you make a purchase, so as long as your cc has funds in it spend up.
    My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
    Motorcycle Panel & Paint
    Q-Zar Fremantle
    Rated-R Parts
    PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
    Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
    CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
    Carpet Liquidators - Midland

Comment

I found PayPal to be an absolute pain in the arse when I first signed up - same 'error' messages as yourself so I eventually gave up and had to cancel some orders as the f*ckin' Paypal system kept on telling me that funds could not be processed at this time, or that I didn't have enough funds available, or the system was not available for this location etc, etc, etc...

About a year later it worked with no problems and with out any further stuffing around on my part...

If you have problems using Paypal, ask the seller/whoever for their bank account details and do a direct deposit.
      I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

Like Tyson said, when you go to pay for something, that is when paypal take the money from your credit card.

Comment

credit card baby

DUbs

Comment

i haven't had any problems paying with paypal, i just gave em my credit dard details, and whenever i pay for something, it comes through their system... all done....

Comment

Originally posted by tigerleo62@Sep 8 2005, 05:19 PM

If you have problems using Paypal, ask the seller/whoever for their bank account details and do a direct deposit.
              [snapback]156381[/snapback]

Be aware that if you dont get the goods you have no recourse, atleast with paypal you can dispute it.

Paypal is alright however i wouldnt advise leaving large sums of money in there as they do have a right to freeze your account.
              My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
              Motorcycle Panel & Paint
              Q-Zar Fremantle
              Rated-R Parts
              PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
              Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
              CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
              Carpet Liquidators - Midland

Comment

Never had a major problem with PAYPAL, one time they couldn't communicate with the Aussie banks overnight, was a minor hassle, and due to a liability case in the USA I got $US60 for being affected at the time, so that was really cool.

But yer as long as there are funds on your credit card it shouldn't have a problem, most times you don't top up the account, more you make the payment and PAYPAL debits your credit card all in one swift nano-second account transaction.
                Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

If you need a good credit card, be sure to come see me!

Comment

Originally posted by mystery@Sep 8 2005, 10:15 PM
                    If you need a good credit card, be sure to come see me!

[snapback]156531[/snapback]
                    oh???

what're ya offering?!?
                    Sic vis pacem Para bellum

Comment

PM me your Paypal username, password and your credit card numbers....
                      If you can... you MUST!

Comment

on the many times ive used paypal (read once) i did a direct deposit from my saving account to paypal, and then transfered it from there. took 3 days to get from my bank to paypal, but it all worked out in the end

i dont have a credit card, and it was going to be looking at about $35 to do a money transfer. ludicrous. i was happy with the 90c fee from paypal
                        Respect is earned, not enforced.

Comment

Originally posted by onikage@Sep 9 2005, 12:47 PM
                          oh???

what're ya offering?!?
                          [snapback]156696[/snapback]
                          I highly reccomend the Bankwest Zero card.

(insert sales pitch here)

Comment

The ANZ Low Interest MAstercard is Great!

Or the ANZ First Visa

Mystery: You, Me, Carpark, Now

Comment

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

serious site, read up about how paypal fucks people over

Comment

Working...
                              X