Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dukes of Hazzard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dukes of Hazzard

    Now, when i was growing up as a little kid there were some things that were just part of the day, like Play school followed by seseme street when i was real small and the Goodies and Dr Who as i got bigger. We all know those classic tv shows that influenced the way we grew up and im sure most of us here would name the same ones, like Monkey Magic, Dr Who, The Goodies, Werzel Gummage for those who only got the ABC like we did, what else? cartoons like G-Force (i always wanted to be Jason), Astro boy, the Transformers, He-Man MOTUniverse and all those other great shows. Get Smart was another one (RIP Max).
    Now there was one show that untill tonight i had forgotten all about, one show that influenced me and my brother just about more than any other, we had the show bag toys, the cars and my brother and i used to fight over who was gonna be Beau or Luke, thats right, the Dukes of Hazzard.
    The joys of watching that show and those naughty Duke boys fang the big Chrysler V8 around had slipped my mind until tonight when i saw the new Dukes movie.
    If, like me your around 30 and used to love yr daily dose of YEEE HAAAAA then go see this movie, for those who think it is crap, you never knew what Beau and Luke Duke meant to us fledgling petrol heads when we were growing up.
    Great movie and faithfull to the original series. Those crazy deep south characters, Beau, luke and Daisy, Enis and Boss Hogg. The commenting over the top and the good ol General Lee, my first introduction to american civil war history...."Dad, who was General Lee??"
    Damn i loved that show.
    Thanks to the Dukes of Hazzard movie for bringing it all flooding back.
    WHat other show did you guys use to love??
    Check it out.

  • #2
    i saw it on dvd the other day apart from the bits ya see on tv i thought it was crap glad i didnt go to the flicks and see it
    Is Dead

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Ninja@Sep 28 2005, 08:58 PM
      i saw it on dvd the other day apart from the bits ya see on tv i thought it was crap glad i didnt go to the flicks and see it
      [snapback]165265[/snapback]
      wow what a shut down! lol

      looks like a good blokes movie, v8s, guns, bad jokes and a bit o' ass
      I look forward to taking the brain out and enjoying it
      http://www.internetblackout.com.au/

      Comment


      • #4
        haven't seen it yet, was afraid it might ruin the memories of the original, but after that post Red, I might just catch it at the cinemas
        Cup o' tea?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Red Rooster@Sep 28 2005, 08:55 PM
          Now, when i was growing up as a little kid there were some things that were just part of the day, like Play school followed by seseme street when i was real small and the Goodies and Dr Who as i got bigger. We all know those classic tv shows that influenced the way we grew up and im sure most of us here would name the same ones, like Monkey Magic, Dr Who, The Goodies, Werzel Gummage for those who only got the ABC like we did, what else? cartoons like G-Force (i always wanted to be Jason), Astro boy, the Transformers, He-Man MOTUniverse and all those other great shows. Get Smart was another one (RIP Max).
          Now there was one show that untill tonight i had forgotten all about, one show that influenced me and my brother just about more than any other, we had the show bag toys, the cars and my brother and i used to fight over who was gonna be Beau or Luke, thats right, the Dukes of Hazzard.
          The joys of watching that show and those naughty Duke boys fang the big Chrysler V8 around had slipped my mind until tonight when i saw the new Dukes movie.
          If, like me your around 30 and used to love yr daily dose of YEEE HAAAAA then go see this movie, for those who think it is crap, you never knew what Beau and Luke Duke meant to us fledgling petrol heads when we were growing up.
          Great movie and faithfull to the original series. Those crazy deep south characters, Beau, luke and Daisy, Enis and Boss Hogg. The commenting over the top and the good ol General Lee, my first introduction to american civil war history...."Dad, who was General Lee??"
          Damn i loved that show.
          Thanks to the Dukes of Hazzard movie for bringing it all flooding back.
          WHat other show did you guys use to love??
          Check it out.

          [snapback]165260[/snapback]

          Dont worry Red, i am with you, da dada da dada dada da da dada!!!!! ALso Airwolf and Blue thunder and CHIPS were all good shows!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Airwolf, I'd forgotton all about that, that kicked ass, even if it's main characters were Jean Michael Vincent and Ernest Borgnine, but don't forget the grand daddy of the all,

            The A Team , I love it when a plan comes together
            These gloves came free with my toilet brush

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Red Rooster@Sep 28 2005, 08:55 PM
              WHat other show did you guys use to love??
              [snapback]165260[/snapback]
              The A-Team.
              HONDA! F#@ YER!

              Comment


              • #8
                yay, go the A-Team!!
                and (sorry to say) wanted to be Wonder Woman when I grew up

                also have fond memories of The Goodies but missed good 'ol Dr Who back then (coz Dad had to watch the news), Get Smart was another. And what about Paul Hogan?

                Comment


                • #9
                  aah, the early to mid 80's 1 hour long action show. Such timeless classics as A-team, manimal, dukes, blue thunder, airwolf, knight rider. The a bit later on we had quantum leap, macgyver etc etc.
                  For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                  For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by danj1976@Sep 28 2005, 09:29 PM
                    Airwolf, I'd forgotton all about that, that kicked ass, even if it's main characters were Jean Michael Vincent and Ernest Borgnine, but don't forget the grand daddy of the all,

                    The A Team ,* I love it when a plan comes together
                    [snapback]165281[/snapback]

                    ohh yer!

                    mm magyver have 5 seasons so far soon to have all 7.. need his movies next..


                    ohh dukes was a great movie!
                    RIP Scott!
                    RIP Onikage!
                    RIP ODDZ!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ninja@Sep 28 2005, 08:58 PM
                      i saw it on dvd the other day apart from the bits ya see on tv i thought it was crap glad i didnt go to the flicks and see it
                      [snapback]165265[/snapback]
                      You OBVIOUSLY wernt a fan of the original series then big guy!
                      Come on!
                      Go the V8 Charger!

                      "This is Sheriff Roscooooe P. Coltrane"
                      - Roscoe P. Coltrane

                      "crazzzy cooter coming at ya"
                      - cooter

                      HAhahahaha

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by redxz@Sep 28 2005, 09:44 PM
                        yay, go the A-Team!!*
                        and (sorry to say) wanted to be Wonder Woman when I grew up*

                        also have fond memories of The Goodies but missed good 'ol Dr Who back then (coz Dad had to watch the news), Get Smart was another. And what about Paul Hogan?* *
                        [snapback]165294[/snapback]

                        i didnt want to be wonder woman i WANTED wonder woman goooooo LINDA
                        A site all parents should check regulary
                        http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

                        (+)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Now look at Miss Double D



                          Oh, btw this is a way cool photo Huge.... so I post the link
                          http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/cmt/21...ges/21313a.jpg

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            My old lady used to ban me from watching Dukes of Hazzad coz she was worried it would give me bad ideas

                            Didnt work though.

                            Yeah, the A Team rocks. "Murdoch you fool"

                            What about CHIPS and Chopper Squad? And Patrol Boat?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Chopper Squad = win
                              That funky wah wah guitar opening soundtrack.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X