No helmet, no play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No helmet, no play?

Anyone ride down Thomas St bout 4pm weekdays? I always see a guy bout 50's riding a red Honda i think, wearing nothing but a pair of sunnies, hair blowing in the breeze.
    What a fukin nutter, lane splits most of the way and then heads off down the tunnel. Itd really finish of my day seeing what little brain he has splattered on the side of a car. If anyone knows this fool please kick him in the balls and show him bike crash photos or something!!!

Ummm how about you settle down?

He's exercising his right to do whatever the fuck he wants... IMHO.
    Its his head, if he doesnt want to wear a helmet and he has a doctors certificate or something then its his choice...

How would you like me to kick YOU in the balls because you dont eat your vegetables?
    If you can... you MUST!

Comment

Originally posted by Klink@Sep 29 2005, 10:51 PM
      Ummm how about you settle down?.

How would you like me to kick YOU in the balls because you dont eat your vegetables?
      [snapback]165878[/snapback]

Comment

I'm with Klinky on this one.

My Uncle has a medical clearance to ride without a lid, as his head is held together with staples and a few plates. He's had more than enough stacks, and some of them would make your balls want to hide under your liver. But he's still at it, and no-one is holding a gun against his head and telling him to ride, it's his choice.

If you were in the same situation I'm sure you wouldn't give up your bike.
        Originally posted by vk6hgr
        My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

I believe he is/used to be a courier around town see him scooting around heaps, he rides pretty well to. What i do know is i've seen him scoot around for years and he doesn't seem to have a scar on his scone so he must know what he is doing. Helmets do screw your periferal vision and there is some argument as to weather the extra weight adds to spinal injuries. I wouldn't wear a helmet on a bicycle if i had a choice and he probably sees it much like that. Sadly you can't get helmet exemption any more, I picked up the last one some years ago, but it was only valid for a year.
          <div align="center">
          "Yes, so we will return to racing - but we must win. You can’t be second with MV. It’s impossible to be second with MV Agusta."Castiglioni</div>

Comment

Originally posted by Klink@Sep 29 2005, 10:51 PM
            [snapback]165878[/snapback]
            Hahaha, ohhh man..... *wipes tear from eye*.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

I think you&#39;re talking about a guy named Steve, he&#39;s been a courier for years. I spoke with him a few times when I was a bike courier too. I assure you he&#39;s a very experienced rider and very aware of road safety.

Comment

Geez Klink.. you seem to be very strongly opinionated on this issue

I do agree though. I&#39;m sure he&#39;s not stupid and knows the consequences of his actions. It&#39;s not like he&#39;s going to be hurting anyone else by his actions except for probably making people needing councelling after he crashes haha.
                Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

Originally posted by Daise@Sep 29 2005, 11:40 PM
                  My Uncle has a medical clearance to ride without a lid, as his head is held together with staples and a few plates.
                  [snapback]165905[/snapback]
                  Thats a contradiction in itself imho, we dont give blind people special car licences and a "B" plate for the front and rear windows to tell people the driver is blind cause he doenst want to be descriminated against and feels its his god given right to drive ..... you have head issues, you SHOULD wear a lid. You cant wear a lid ? . Dont ride. No excuse IMHO.

I dont give a shit who does what , its their choice and i respect that 100%. What DOES shit me, is when such cases crash or get taken out (no matter how GOOD they can be we cant control others) and the govt medical system spends millions to keep them alive on respirators for another 20 years. That money would better be spent in other channels, ie matching dollar for dollar on the next PSB MAD ride would be a great start.

Klink, LMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!! ....... i eat my veggies.

Comment

Originally posted by saf@Sep 30 2005, 09:41 AM
                    Klink, LMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!! ....... i eat my veggies.
                    [snapback]165995[/snapback]
                    YOU BETTER!
                    If you can... you MUST!

Comment

Originally posted by saf@Sep 30 2005, 09:41 AM
                      Thats a contradiction in itself imho, we dont give blind people special car licences and a "B" plate for the front and rear windows to tell people the driver is blind cause he doenst want to be descriminated against and feels its his god given right to drive ..... you have head issues, you SHOULD wear a lid. You cant wear a lid ? . Dont ride. No excuse IMHO.

I dont give a shit who does what , its their choice and i respect that 100%. What DOES shit me, is when such cases crash or get taken out (no matter how GOOD they can be we cant control others) and the govt medical system spends millions to keep them alive on respirators for another 20 years. That money would better be spent in other channels, ie matching dollar for dollar on the next PSB MAD ride would be a great start.

[snapback]165995[/snapback]
                      aggreed!

and with a head injury wouldnt a lid have more protection? and do more good than no lid!

hell i could be the worlds best rider ( i wish ) but whats goinf to stop a dumb ass cager from pulling out infront of me at the last second? and i get flung head of heals superman style.....

lids are there for a reason.
                      RIP Scott!
                      RIP Onikage!
                      RIP ODDZ!

Comment

Meh. His choice hardly affects mine.
                        Whoever is unjust, let him be unjust still

Whoever is righteous, let him be righteous still

Whoever is filthy... let him be filthy still

Comment

unless you have an at fault accident with him and he dies.....
                          No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

How does that affect MY choice, loser?
                            Whoever is unjust, let him be unjust still

Whoever is righteous, let him be righteous still

Whoever is filthy... let him be filthy still

Comment

Originally posted by sathid@Sep 30 2005, 10:54 AM
                              unless you have an at fault accident with him and he dies.....
                              [snapback]166034[/snapback]
                              What is the medical reason for it? Anyone know? Just curious is all. Personally, If a helmet still fits, I would wear it, but there might be things i dont know about, like pressure on skull plates or something.

The Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X