Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roller doors?

Anyone got a hook up?

Or advice on things i should be looking for or questions to ask?

Looking at a sectional door, wood look, 5m x 2m (approx)

Thanks

Dubs

Just stay away from gryphon or however it's spelt, we had a panel door installed. Getting warranty work done was a nightmare, and now it's out of warranty it's been falling to bits.

Comment

I just has a sectional door supplied and fitted by Centurion (Wangara mob). It was a difficult fit (took the installer a full day to fiddle around and get it right), but they took the time and did it very well. I don't have any association Dubs - just a heads up if you're getting quotes.
      Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

I have heard some bad things about B&D as well.
        Have heard good things about gliderol. a mate of mine is a service tech for roller doors, he might be able to install it, but wouldn't be able to do anything about costs.
        Originally posted by Desmogod
        Nobody was bagging scooters, they were bagging you.

Comment

Originally posted by Homie View Post
          Hi Mate i know the GM of Griffin Roller doors can ask for you?
          gryphon are the buggers that fucked us around to no end and now our door is falling to bits. a simple warranty replacement like a spring was a nightmare, and now it's out of warranty the brackets are coming away from the wall and the motor is fucked. not to mention another spring breaking. might just be bad luck, but that was our experience anyways.

Comment

89 Enterprises in Willeton. They do B&D rollers.

Good friends with the owners.

Can give you an introduction if you like or can get him to contact you if you're interested.
            Karma is a fucking bitch!!! What goes around comes around and you'll get yours!!!

REMEMBER THAT!!!

Comment

we got ours done a couple of years ago by centurion as well, sectional wood look. i was happy with the job, very neat install, fairly quiet door and they set the motor up and fine tuned it properly so it closes quickly but slows down for the last bit so it settles in all nice and snug without slamming.
              Originally posted by Friedrich Hayek
              "The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

Comment

Originally posted by polony View Post
                gryphon are the buggers that fucked us around to no end and now our door is falling to bits. a simple warranty replacement like a spring was a nightmare, and now it's out of warranty the brackets are coming away from the wall and the motor is fucked. not to mention another spring breaking. might just be bad luck, but that was our experience anyways.
                Sounds like a job for consumer protection dude. The 'warranty' period the company gives you doesnt really mean much.

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
                  Sounds like a job for consumer protection dude. The 'warranty' period the company gives you doesnt really mean much.
                  It does, but I'm not the one who paid for the door so don't have the motivation to sort it. If they were forced to come and fix it, it would likely be another dodgy job anyways. I'm planning on rebuilding the thing myself, redoing the brick drilling which was appauling amongst other things. That way it'll be done properly.

Comment

Bump

So we are pretty sorted now and i have one small issue, I need a door of some kind to fill the gap between the garage and the front forecourt.
                    It is around 700mm wide but 2000mm high and has no frame ATM, its just brickwork on both sides.
                    I need it to be weather proof to keep the elements out and also lockable and as secure as possible.

Help me PSB brains trust, you're my only hope.

Dubs
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice drawing ya got there Dubs...
                      What about something like a colorbond frame, with timber infil, and maybe a small drain in front of it to stop water overflow?
                      Last edited by timmay; 05-04-2011, 10:06 AM.
                      Originally posted by Desmogod
                      Nobody was bagging scooters, they were bagging you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubs View Post
                        Bump

So we are pretty sorted now and i have one small issue, I need a door of some kind to fill the gap between the garage and the front forecourt.
                        It is around 700mm wide but 2000mm high and has no frame ATM, its just brickwork on both sides.
                        I need it to be weather proof to keep the elements out and also lockable and as secure as possible.

Help me PSB brains trust, you're my only hope.

Dubs
                        Dubs, who did you end up going with for the door? I'm looking around at the moment for something similar to what you were after, any info you could pass on would be great.
                        Now a Pom in Perth :aus-salute: with a DB7

Comment

On the original topic;

Had a sectional door installed by gryphon, price was competitive and the door was a good fit. Been up for a few years and is still good, doesn't appear to need any adjustment yet.

The new place has a sectional centurion door and the fit is very good. The motor that they use is better compared to grphyon, it's quieter and has a battery backup.

Got a couple of B&D roller doors on the workshop and they don't take too well to the weather. I have a centurion roller door on the back of the garage so will be interesting to see if one is better than the other.

Comment

I went with Gryphon, great service and it's still working.

Dubs

Comment

Working...
                            X