Weird Foods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Foods

What weird foods have you eaten before?. Whether it be on a overseas trip or here in aus....stuff you ate when you were 3 or whatever don't count .

I'll start.

What: Sheep tail, eye and testicle
    Where: Farm
    Why: Cooked a few tails in a fire, tasted like a slimey chicken kebab. Eye and testicle were a dare, tasted like chewy rubbery shit

mmmmm, Lamb!

Deep fried cricket in asia somewhere, can't exactly remember where... tasty, though their little legs do get stuck between your teeth.

Some sort of jellied chicken foot in Macau - best forgotten about. Snake in Macau too, yes, tasted like chicken to me.

Chocolate cake, baked on a skillet pan at 4500 metres, very tasty way to spend your birthday, at -15C.
    Dead Man's Hand
    Internationational Porter Protection Group
    Just call me Pat

Comment

Couple trips ago to Thailand i ate crickets, woodbugs, frogs and cockroach.

The frog taste like those silver packets of pork crackle.

The cockroach was the most interesting. You peeled of its wings, ripped off its head, then squeezed up its body and a white paste would appear at the top of its neck.
      You licked that white paste.
      Taste like crayfish with lime.
      For two days...
      sigpic

Comment

You should make sure your cockroaches rub one out before eating.
        Originally posted by Melkor
        The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Originally posted by XSorXpire View Post
          Couple trips ago to Thailand i ate crickets, woodbugs, frogs and cockroach.

The frog taste like those silver packets of pork crackle.

The cockroach was the most interesting. You peeled of its wings, ripped off its head, then squeezed up its body and a white paste would appear at the top of its neck.
          You licked that white paste.
          Taste like crayfish with lime.
          For two days...
          hmm.. will be there tomorrow... might have to sample the local weirdness cuisine.
          Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
          Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

I had dog in Manila.

Was blind but remember thinking it must have been an awesome chicken by the size of the leg I was eating. Then saw it was red meat not white..

Filled the spot, was farking hungry.
            May the force be a considerable distance behind you.

Comment

Chicken has red meat too.
              Maccas in Thailand advertise their burgers as red meat chicken.
              I asked about it and was told it is the leg meat of an older bird and they use it as it has more flavour.

Originally posted by drifter View Post
              hmm.. will be there tomorrow... might have to sample the local weirdness cuisine.
              I enjoy eating the food cooked on the side of the road. Just remember to drink a bottle of their version of yakhult in the morning and one at night.
              It will keep your shit solid.
              sigpic

Comment

Would have been a very very big chicken...

And a correction, it wasn't Manila, it was Olongopo. It was the little town outside Subic Bay Navy base. Still Philipines though.

They didn't have a reputation for big chooks, but did for eating dog.
                May the force be a considerable distance behind you.

Comment

I ate lemon ants in the Amazon jungle in Ecuador.

Funnily enough they tasted like lemon... but the sensation of them running around on your tongue and down your throat if you didn't chew them fast enough was weird. (well, more weird than the concept of eating live ants)

Comment

I had chili freshwater snails in in Thailand. They were... interesting...
                    '====
                    //`
                    -Magilla
                    They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
                    Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Comment

Frogs legs & snails in France (and Perth). Snakes, crickets & tarantulas in Cambodia. Went looking for somewhere to eat dog when in South Korea, but since the Seoul olympics it's been driven underground, and i wasn't there long enough to find some. Live squid in Japan.

Would eat again: Snails - in a garlic butter sauce. awesome.
                      Would never eat again: Tarantulas/ live squid. Nothing can prepare you for hairs tickling or suckers hanging on, as you try and swallow.

Comment

In Africa:
                        Crocodile tail, ostrich kebabs, grubs, eland.

Croc was pretty awesome. It's a white meat...kinda the texture of chicken, really juicy though.
                        Ride Smart. Like everyone's out to get you.

Originally posted by Ryven
                        PSB: Where the women are lesbian attention whores, the men are insecure about their own sexuality, and anyone who had any real sense gave up and left.
                        http://www.dogshome.org.au/dogs-for-adoption/ - beautiful dogs looking for their Forever Home

Comment

Croc is awesome. I didn't list it or camel though, as we had them here in town.

I've had witchety grub before!
                          '====
                          //`
                          -Magilla
                          They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
                          Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Comment

Human belly in an Austrian basement restaurant. Bit chewy but just like pork.
                            Originally posted by Abuse this
                            Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by crocks View Post
                              Would eat again: Snails - in a garlic butter sauce. awesome.
                              I completely agree with this. I had them in France and I can't believe how good they tasted!

Comment

Working...
                              X