Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying things Ozboy says

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
    I get annoyed enough when Americans say 'two thousand ten' instead of 'two thousand and ten'.
    Because it's fun to point out the differences in language and get our rage on and shit.

I get annoyed when they eliminate the preposition "on" when referring to a day during which an event occurred or is due to occur. To wit:

"Fifty-six people were killed in a school shooting Friday. The President will address the families personally Monday. A wake will be held at the school Wednesday."

Post 'em up!
    Last edited by The Saint; 15-02-2011, 05:46 PM.
    Originally posted by Melkor
    The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Haha, Desmo's playing already in another thread

Comment

I deal with colleagues in Houston regularly and 2 things they say really annoy me.

Firstly, when they say "Yes Sir" constantly and "y'all"

Comment

did you say yes sir, or yeah sure?
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by Bundera View Post
          "y'all"
          I see your "y'all" and raise you an "all y'all".

Comment

Tomaido (Tomato)
            Yeah I hate "ya'll" too!
            And when the try to imitate g'day as "good-day"
            "Hey you...do you speak American?"
            Last edited by Rogwick; 15-02-2011, 03:54 PM.

"He said my face was punchable...he was kidding...obviously"
            2009 Honda CBR600RR - Akrapovic 'Racing' full system exhaust | Rear Racing Cowl | Black ASV Levers

Comment

<everything>

Comment

"Thats un-American"...... especially when its an event/action not even in America, or being done by someone who's not American.

(The term "un-Australian" generally shits me too, but I have yet to hear it used in regards to matters/people that clearly aren't Australian.)

..."World police", "liberating", "bringing freedom" etc, I'm sure there are lots more.

Comment

The report on cyclone Yasi...I was unaware where QLD was prior to this from CNN

"He said my face was punchable...he was kidding...obviously"
                  2009 Honda CBR600RR - Akrapovic 'Racing' full system exhaust | Rear Racing Cowl | Black ASV Levers

Comment

5 years ago enjoying a lovely long weekend in the Swiss Alps in late spring, sitting down at a pub having lunch with a beautiful view of the mountains and a tableload of yanks behind me were pissing and moaning about everything generally not being like it is in America.

Then one of them pipes up and says "this place is just like the Rockies (Rocky Mountains) only the Rockies is cheaper!"

Comment

Nucular.
                      When due process fails us, we really do live in a world of terror. — JC Denton

Comment

How about this one.

"Son of a bitch" is a favoured pejorative of our seppo friends. Of course it is used so frequently that it comes out fast, as one word: "sonovabitch".

But what about when you're addressing more than one ne'er-do-well? You would think they would be sons of bitches, or "sonsabitches".

Nope. "Sonovabitches".

Comment

"It's extremely vascular"

Comment

Aluminum

Bernie says "think before you drive bribe"

Comment

Thank you TS, we need this thread, now more than ever. I hope it doesn't all go to heck. (Good luck with that). I'll come visit you soon, I'm sure there'll be more - you do the math - but right now I need the bathroom.

Yes it does annoy me that the country that spewed out Anna Nicole Smith, CHarlie Sheen, Paris Hilton and string cheese in a can, is somehow too prim and pious to say "hell" or "toilet".
                              Last edited by Deborah; 15-02-2011, 04:02 PM.
                              https://parodieslost.blog/

Comment

Working...
                              X