Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know a good cheap place to get a Variable messgae road sign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know a good cheap place to get a Variable messgae road sign?

Anyone know where to get one of these from, we want to start advertising outside the pub, that its open and such.

The issue is they are a bit out of our budget from the standard hire place right now, so just wondering if anyone knows if there are any other options.

Thanks.

My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

from memory Coates will do them for $110-130/day if you are doing 5+ days, however this is a rort.
    Should be able to pick it up from them for no more than about $80-90/day.

Alternatively you could try some traffic management companies, as they probably have some sitting around that they will be happy to make an extra few $$ on.

The other alternative would be to get a signwriter (such as Jason Signs or similar) to make up a few different signs in coreflute or similar (cheap), change the signs each day or have several leading up to the pub.

Comment

Or... just thinking aloud here...

Call in a bomb threat????
      The police will tape off the area and you have hundreds of people gathering and standing around asking whats happening.

The police then say its all clear and its back open again.
      Huzzah. Hundreds of people standing around in the sun getting hot and thirsty, just being told that the pub is open.

(Slip the coppers a $50 to get them to casually mention how good the beer is when they announce the pub is now open again.)

*Disclaimer: I take no responsibility if you try this tactic!

Comment

People generally leave these by the side of the road all the time. I'm fairly sure you could find one discarded and unloved.

Comment

Iv spoken to Tru Blue Hire about these before. You need shire approval to have them up. Some shires dont like it because they are meant for traffic use only.
          But there price is around the $145 a day aswell. But you get a discount for longer periods of time.

Still expensive however. There number is 1300 4 878 258 , they have afew places around aswell.
          A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Comment

use some scrap timber (or sheets of cheap plywood from bunnings) and knock up an A-frame advertising sign yourself, then put the sign on the verge or on the back of a ute in the car park.

Comment

We are able to make signs, the thing is we want one of these signs so we can constantly rotate the message and change it, and also so we dont look like the bodgy old Rangeview but something a bit more new and advanced.

I do like the bomb threat idea, but I reckon maybe get the focus on the house next door or something so people dont think they are going to get bombed at the EBB.
              My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Kennards in Balcatta have a few solar/battery powered variable message boards and I think they even have a couple of colour ones.

KENNARDS HIRE - Variable Messge Signs (VMS) - Colour

184 Balcatta Road
                Balcatta WA 6021, Australia
                (08)9345 3460

Comment

if there are a couple of other businesses nearby you could split the costs and the advertising messages?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonik View Post
                    Kennards in Balcatta have a few solar/battery powered variable message boards and I think they even have a couple of colour ones.

KENNARDS HIRE - Variable Messge Signs (VMS) - Colour

184 Balcatta Road
                    Balcatta WA 6021, Australia
                    (08)9345 3460
                    $300 a day!!!!

Redfern many LCD TV's have USB ports on them these days and can run a slide show of pictures. If you can get one cheap enough you can make up messages and display them on the TV?

Of course you may want to secure the TV in some sort of cabinet
                    spudda : Got mine in my hot little hands today barfy. Your a gem!

Comment

Does it need to be a massive trailer one?

Computronics Electronic Signs : Display Solutions for Hotels and Hospitality

Comment

Is it worth getting some old bunky van, spray painting the thing all white and then painting advertising slogans on?

Repaint white and start again every week or two.

Keep the thing licenced so that you don't get trouble from the council about storing unlicenced vehicles.
                        One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
                          $300 a day!!!!
                          website I looked at didn't quote a price... Farkinell. Disregard that, I'll go be useless somewhere else now

Comment

Originally posted by Sonik View Post
                            website I looked at didn't quote a price... Farkinell. Disregard that, I'll go be useless somewhere else now
                            Its OK, Kennards just know how to fuck you with out you getting pleasure from it.
                            spudda : Got mine in my hot little hands today barfy. Your a gem!

Comment

Working...
                            X