Here we go again, UN approves no-fly zone over Libya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go again, UN approves no-fly zone over Libya

The UN Security Council has cleared the way for air strikes to halt Muammar Gaddafi's offensive against embattled rebel forces in Libya, with the first bombing raids possible within hours.
    It approved a resolution permitting "all necessary measures" to impose a no-fly zone, protect civilian areas and impose a ceasefire on Gaddafi's military.

UN approves no-fly zone over Libya - Seven News Queensland

Now, how can this possibly escalate into another war?

Sounds like they are removing Gadaffi's planes from the equation, which were his major trump card over the rebels. No planes= fair(er) fight perhaps.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon! Press the brake foot as you roll around the corners, and save the collapse and tie up.

Comment

Finally! Took em long enough!

Comment

I hate the thought of the no fly zone, but I want to shove a nice shell up Gadafi's ass, fucking lunatic.

This will surely end up in a shitfest and a half...

Comment

Gee and only a few months ago the UN thought Gaddafi was such a stand up man occupying his position on the UN Human Rights council, with all the good work he does for Human Rights!
          Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

The Arab League actually came out in favour of a no-fly zone at the beginning of this week......but, of course, they want someone else to enforce it.Wouldn't lift a finger, their collective selves. Which is the Arab world all over, really. get someone else to do the work, and blame others for your misfortune.
            " Lightly Seared On The Reality Grill"

Comment

Gaddafi has said the rebels are Al Qaeda backed. If that's true, then playing that card must be only for the in crowd to allow them to do what they like.
              This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

The Media will now drop the Japan disaster like a hot potato ... they'll be itching for the first bomb to drop and the first plane to be blown out of the sky.

If it bleeds it leads.
                I'll be riding for you #52, my dear son, Cameron Taylor Elliott 1985-2009
                2008 CBR600RR and 2010 GSXR750 Track Bikes, KTM530EXC Enduro bike wrist breaker

Comment

I don't have a problem with a no fly zone as it makes it a fairer fight so to speak with very little chance of UN casualties
                  Just hope to hell that is as far as it goes and we don't get dragged into another pointless ground conflict
                  #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                  Originally posted by Phildo
                  Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                  Originally posted by filbert
                  i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                  Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Ordnance must have an use-by date.
                    sigpic

Comment

sounds like "oh shit, we're about to get fucked up the arse with a cruise missile, better start backpedalling"

"Libya has decided an immediate ceasefire and an immediate halt to all military operations," Kussa told a press conference in Tripoli yesterday.

He said because Libya is a member of the United Nations it is "obliged to accept the UN Security Council's resolutions".
                      "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

Watching the news this morning and the Libyan spokesman said, amongst a lot of other bullshit,
                        "We welcome the observers so that they can see the crimes against humanity that the rebels have done".
                        They've been funding, training and promoting terrorism for decades, now suddenly they're victims?
                        Fuck off!!

Libya Alhurra - live streaming video powered by Livestream
                        19andrew59
                        Last edited by 19andrew59; 19-03-2011, 07:23 AM.

Comment

One thing seems to stand out for me with these things. Somalia has been a shit fight for ages, with genuine reported genecide... UN does nothing that helps. Rwanda, nothing.. Congo... Nothing... Bahrain (as ally of the west) nothing. Libya - prepare to be bombed. I'm not defending Libya, but the UN just strikes (pun intended) me as a tool to be used only in certain circumstances. Is there oil? Would we rather see the regime gone? I find that disappointing.
                          Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
                          Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

Comment

Originally posted by devolved View Post
                            Is there oil?
                            - Yep

Would we rather see the regime gone?
                            - Yep

I find that disappointing.
                            - Yep

One question you didn't ask: Will it ever change? - Nope

Comment

Is there oil?
                              Yahuh. Oil prices drop after Libyan ceasefire

Comment

Working...
                              X