Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogans: Recommend me a "good beer"

So I've decided to get a bit patriotic.

I have spent a long time drinking foreign yuppy shit bier and have gotten used to paying more than forty or fifty bucks for only twenty four bottles which I can't crush in my mancleavage, but I recently took a long hard look at myself and decided I have to go back to my roots for a while.

Actually:
    1) Just to annoy Jeff; and
    2) I rearry rike Tiger beer and half hope that seeing it's their equiv of wifebeater, maybe I can find a local bogan beer that taste simirar.

So - what's the go? Under forty bucks a carton, bonus points if I can buy it in a block.

Give us your lowbrow taste and headache evaluations.
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

two words: red can.

Comment

Boag's. Brewed in Launceston, Tasmania. Not sure how much it is here, but it was the cheapest piss on campus back in Tassie.
      If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back, you probably high-sided.

Comment

+1 for the red can, it's actually not too bad.
        Giggity.

Comment

One of my mates is out of uni, and taking pride in the one time in his life he gets to sit on the dole and fill the fridge with Emu Export.

Or is it Swan? I dunno.

WTF is in the red can?
          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Fuck that red shit, shop around and see if you can find Coopers Pale Ale for $39.99. Failing that spend some more money and get Little Creatures Pale Ale if you want to drink one of the finest beers in the world.
            -

Comment

Littles Creatures Beez Neez/Pale Ale.

Or Tooheys Extra

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk
              Originally posted by vk6hgr
              My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

Red can = emu export
                green can = VB
                yellow can = XXXX
                lady in a boat = cask of coolabah

4 years in the territory will do that to ya!
                Giggity.

Comment

Not into beer, its not my thing. Someone once gave me a carton to Little Creatures pale ale, and it was much better than other beers I have tried.
                  Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Ask Shan - I reckon he'd have a good idea of a good bogan beer....

Comment

i usually only drink beer if it's free at functions

tooheys extra dry goes down a little too easily (i've had 6 before i realise it)

carlton cold is quite respectable and i would pay for a carton

carlton crown lager is looked upon as a premium beer by the bogan set worth a taste test.

as a free beer in my workplace carlton mid strength (another red can) is tolerable but i wouldn't pay much for it.

Hahn premium light if you want a few afternoon beers and still be fit to drive is quite tasty.
                      Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

I know it's not local, but you can't get more bogan trash than Carona. It just epitomises the bogan - a shit beer that costs way more than it's worth and the morons who drink it think they are classy because it's "imported" when the reality is that even mexicans don't drink it (and when they do, they pay 30 cents a bottle).

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
                          I know it's not local, but you can't get more bogan trash than Carona. It just epitomises the bogan - a shit beer that costs way more than it's worth and the morons who drink it think they are classy because it's "imported" when the reality is that even mexicans don't drink it (and when they do, they pay 30 cents a bottle).
                          Urban myth would have it that there is a certain percentage of Mexican urine included, especially when so much is sold into the States (They have not forgotten!)

To the OP,
                          Beer you can't taste (ie Cold filtered, Extra Dry).... why?
                          We have so many boutique brewers that have gone mainstream, Little Creatures has been mentioned. Even the light version of Rogers has flavour.

Comment

Originally posted by Skut View Post
                            Urban myth would have it that there is a certain percentage of Mexican urine included, especially when so much is sold into the States (They have not forgotten!)
                            I thought this was now monitored, and whenever the urine level was exceeded, Mexicans were jailed for taking the piss ?
                            Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Originally posted by darkfibre View Post
                              I thought this was now monitored, and whenever the urine level was exceeded, Mexicans were jailed for taking the piss ?
                              Would that not be GIVING the piss? This disfranchised minority south of the border (eeerrr taken by force) is draining the main vein for their oppressors..?

Comment

Working...
                              X