Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Need to borrow a car 11pm tonight to tomorrow eve! Urgent!!! Please read...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Need to borrow a car 11pm tonight to tomorrow eve! Urgent!!! Please read...

Hi,
    I know this may be a long shot, but I need to borrow a car to make a quick trip to Gero and back late tonight/tomorrow.
    Im in Tas at the moment and my partner's parents have been looking after my dogs. One of them, my 16yo border collie has become very ill and it looks like she might not last. I have booked a flight from Tas to Perth tonight, but need to get up to Geraldton so I can be at the vet first thing tomorrow morning. She has been in there over the weekend. Im hoping she might last for me to say goodbye, but it doesnt sound good. Because we bought the car across, I dont have any vehicle in Perth to head to Gero in. Im sure my partner's parents would come and get me, but my flight doesnt get in until 11pm and I dont think they would be able to get me at that time...or pick me up early enough tomorrow morning to get me to Gero by 7 or 8 am.
    Im hoping someone there with toys to spare might have an old (but reliable!!) clunker that could do with a drive. I will be back in Perth Monday night, with my puppy, as I intend to bury her on the farm in Tas where she spent most of her life.

Thanks
    sigpic

Aren't there places that rent cars? If there isn't then someone should try it out as a business. They could even set up offices at airports.
    One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by Phildo View Post
      Aren't there places that rent cars? If there isn't then someone should try it out as a business. They could even set up offices at airports.
      Don't know about domestic, but the international airport here has a few car rental agents just as you exit the arrival area. Not sure if you can hire one without advanced booking though.

Comment

Hope you got it all sort Shelley, sounds like a bit of a rough time, sorry you didn't make it back to be with her

On another note, how long you staying in Tassie for?? you've been there ages!!

Comment

Thanks to my friends who contacted me. Got it sorted.
          Not sure Stoney. Might leave here next week or wait until after Rob's next patrol...4 weeks.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X