Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Formula 1 2011 Thread *Contains Spoilers*

K go.
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Originally posted by Semi View Post
    K
    GO! GO! GO!.
    fixed. show some respect..
    Can you help with foster care?
    http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

If I'm not very much mistaken.....I am very much mistaken!

KERS is officially back in a much better sense, new tyres and tyre manufacturer, new adjustable wings, and double diffusers abolished.

It's looking to be an exciting season! And genuinely happy Bahrain got canned. Not due to the situation, but because I've always liked the idea of Albert Park as the season opening race. I like to think there's no bias in that, but you never know.

I'm most keen to see how Heidfeld goes in Renault, as this is a make or break opportunity for him (having replaced the injured Semi) and I've always liked him as a driver.
      Originally posted by Semi
      I ride slowly because I'm a massive faggot.

Comment

Adjustable rear wings seem like they'll be pretty awesome, and combined with KERS should make for some pretty interesting overtaking battles on the straights.
        If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

This is the current frontrunner for prettiest car of the year IMHO.

Comment

Finally getting some F1 action this weekend. Spewing Bahrain got canceled.
            I'm not expecting to see anymore overtaking then in previous seasons, passing on the main straight is alright but these adjustable rear wings and KERS wont help much elsewhere on the track.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Explosion View Post
              new Lotus

Fucking woahhhhhh that is hot.

In an interesting side note - I was reading an article about the typical arguments between Ecclestone and Jean Todt, now FIA president.

The big one raging between those two at the moment is Todt's push towards 1.6L turbo four cylinders. It has been announced, but as to when it will be put it place is to be decided.

It gets me, simply because for the first time I actually agree with Ecclestone. He believes that it's simply a PR campaign and by losing the V8 engines, the epic sound will be lost, which is half of the appeal. I agree. Half of the bravado of the cars is the incredible sound they make, and I reckon a little of the appeal would be lost if that were to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Explosion View Post
                This is the current frontrunner for prettiest car of the year IMHO.
                Without a doubt, good to see the JPS colours back on a lotus, iirc Ayrton Senna started his career in F1 with them.

The thing that has piqued my interest is the tyres, apparently they degrade much quicker so we will see more pitstops, some team bosses have been saying up to 4 possibly five stops per race. This will favour the drivers that look after their tyres. It will be interesting to see how drivers who thrash their tyres adapt their driving styles to the new tyres.
                DO NOT TOUCH - Probably the most unsettling thing to read in braille.

Comment

I understand f1 needs to change and develop, but why are there currently sooooo many major changes going on? I mean, they only just went v8, and now the wanna make em all spend gazzilions on r+d just so the can run a blow off valve?

I'd like to see some long term thought go into f1, get some real masterful engineering back into the game... Ie lock the rules, and force the designers to get seriously creative... Double diffusers, f-ducts, all these things should be praised not banned...
                  The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Looking forward to the season too - esp the tyres that degrade quicker (Vettel has been whinging about them already)

Turbo 4's dont sound that bad either - it really depends on what revs they limit the engines to

Comment

Just to add some confusion to the thread. The car I posted is in fact the Factory Renault... Which is also a Lotus. It is not the Lotus from last year. They will be running as Team Lotus. With a Renault engine...

Goddamnit.

Comment

Are TR still running the old factory ferrari engines?

Comment

We are hoping to have the big screen projector up and running this week at the Eden Hill would people be interested in watching the race? If so we can organise a bit of an event for it.
                          My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

I reckon Bahrain was the most interesting track. Awesome cameras on cranes there. Also interested in KERS. As for I4s, I'm not so sure. I'll have to see when it comes. I doubt the season will disappoint though.
                            When due process fails us, we really do live in a world of terror. — JC Denton

Comment

Originally posted by redfern View Post
                              We are hoping to have the big screen projector up and running this week at the Eden Hill would people be interested in watching the race? If so we can organise a bit of an event for it.
                              I would be down for this. Foodables?

Comment

Working...
                              X