Toyota FJ Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota FJ Cruiser

Given our local community knows the general history of Australian motoring as they do... do you think that the Toyota FJ cruiser is attempting to benefit of the namesake of the classic "FJ" Holden, given that its recent marketing has sported slogans such as "A Legend Reborn" and "A Legend Returns"?

If this is the case - how can you respect an organisation that blatantly steals an identity or an image such as the classic "FJ" - or have I got the wrong idea and there is a mere an amazing coincident and there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for this naming convention?

Thanks!
    Originally posted by Michael Westen
    When fighting in the wilderness riding a bike, the biggest threats are often the ones you don't see: dehydration, exhaustion, and nerves.

Considering toyota released the land cruiser to the WORLD market and have a logical naming to all of their range both 4wd and 2wd, I would say not.
    F is the engine type and if it was a diesel, it would be a B.

Hopefully they will market the diesel as the best BJ you will ever get....
    Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

well considering thr Landcruiser FJ series has been around since 1954, and the FJ Holden was 1953-57, i think they both have the right to use terms like "classic", "legend reborn" etc etc

To holden fans the FJ is a legend and sacred, same same for Landcruiser fans.

Comment

Thanks for the update

Did not know there was a Landcruiser FJ! Objection withdrawn.
        Originally posted by Michael Westen
        When fighting in the wilderness riding a bike, the biggest threats are often the ones you don't see: dehydration, exhaustion, and nerves.

Comment

I am doing up a 56 FJ windowless panelvan ATM, people who know holdens know what it's about. That's all that matters..
          I used to have a nice sig offering to shadow ppl. Now I have no sig...

Comment

What an ugly vehicle.

Comment

To me it looks as though Tojo bought a bunch of hummers and took angle grinders to them to round off the corners :

Hummer :

Tojo :

Come to think of it, this is the RAC colour scheme as well? didn't they just switch of to ford utes?
              DO NOT TOUCH - Probably the most unsettling thing to read in braille.

Comment

I own a 84 fj at the moment and I think the new one is a huge disgrace. It would have been nice to see some of the original styling bought back.

Comment

Classy.

oh wait, that's not the term.

Tacky shit.

better.
                  Can you help with foster care?
                  http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

They look kinda ugly but have grown on me. I see a lot of them in Canada. Really quite good offside but limited visibility out of every window

Comment

yeah I love them, i'd buy one straight away if they had a diesel.

i suspect they will be a bit of a flop without a diesel though.

edit - maybe not a flop, but it will certainly limit sales a fair bit i'd imagine.
                      Last edited by shmoo; 27-03-2011, 11:31 AM.

Comment

These are huge in the US you see plenty every day.

And yeah they sort of grow on you.
                        My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Originally posted by Deano View Post
                          Given our local community knows the general history of Australian motoring as they do... do you think that the Toyota FJ cruiser is attempting to benefit of the namesake of the classic "FJ" Holden, given that its recent marketing has sported slogans such as "A Legend Reborn" and "A Legend Returns"?

If this is the case - how can you respect an organisation that blatantly steals an identity or an image such as the classic "FJ" - or have I got the wrong idea and there is a mere an amazing coincident and there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for this naming convention?

Thanks!
                          :facepalm

Less than twenty seconds checking for facts before you hit the post button would have told you all that you need to know.

Fail
                          Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

FJ was the petrol engine, HJ was the diesel, until the OHC Z motor came out(hence the HZJ-prefix). I had an FJ45, petrol engine trayback. And the FJ cruiser looks to be a hideous piece of yankee pseudo-military I'ma bad mofo piece of tackiness. Which means it should sell well, nowadays.
                            " Lightly Seared On The Reality Grill"

Comment

Looks fucking stupid and no turbo diesel = fail.

Comment

Working...
                              X