Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know the answer??!!

So I have two questions...

How long must you have held your R class for before you can shadow someone or is it relevant to how long you have had your general drivers license?

Can your pillion passenger be drunk/have an blood alcohol reading of over 0.05?

Cheers,
    Jack

4 years.

yep.
    As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

'Soul' - Italian word for unreliability.

For a way to start racing cheap, go here > http://supermotowa.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jack848 View Post
      So I have two questions...

How long must you have held your R class for before you can shadow someone or is it relevant to how long you have had your general drivers license?

Can your pillion passenger be drunk/have an blood alcohol reading of over 0.05?

Cheers,
      Jack
      1. When you are learning to ride, you must always be accompanied by either:

A person who holds an instructors licence issued under the Motor Vehicle Drivers Instructors Act 1963; or
      A person who is an instructor in a youth driver education course conducted or supervised by a body authorised b the Director General for that purpose; or
      A person who is authorised (licensed driver) to perform any driving of a kind for which the driving instruction is to be given has held that authorisation for a period of, or periods adding up to:
      in the case of riding a moped, at least 2 years; or
      in an other case, at least 4 years.

Refer to: Licence to ride a motorcycle <250cc

2. Not sure, good question though.

Too sloooooow Kale.

Comment

Are you certain you have to of held your R class for 4 years before you can shadow? I thought the same but got pulled whilst shadowing a friend and neither of us got done. I have not held an R class for 4 years only 1 year

Comment

As long as they can hold on without falling off / loose balance
          "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Are you certain you have to of held your R class for 4 years before you can shadow?
            Yes.
            Originally posted by Melkor
            The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

"A person who is authorised (licensed driver) to perform any driving of a kind"
              Surely that means if you have held a standard drivers license for 4 years... hence the quote, "driving of any kind"

Comment

No dude, you got lucky.
                It's 4 years.
                As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil 'cos I'm the meanest motherfucker in the valley...

Comment

It doesn't say "driving of any kind", it says "any driving of a kind".
                  Originally posted by Melkor
                  The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Bear in mind that, if he was an RE learner, you don't even need an R class licence to shadow. But you need to have had your RE for 4 years.

And pissy pillions are fine, so long as they aren't going to throw you off course too badly (probably get done for careless) or fall off (probably get done for an unsecure load as well as for your pillion not being on the pillion seat with feet on pegs).
                    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

If it pleases you, yes you can 'shadow'. The learner will be at risk of penalties - not you.

But best you let them know you are not a legal shadow.
                      Last edited by zero; 27-03-2011, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dadwantsafyabl4de2 View Post
                        If it pleases you, yes you can 'shadow'. The leaner will be at risk of penalties - not you.

But best you let them know you are not a legal shadow.
                        So what you mean to say is he can't 'shadow', he can follow people around but it's up to them to organise a 'shadow'...
                        As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil 'cos I'm the meanest motherfucker in the valley...

Comment

No.
                          What he means is that Jack ain't listening because the answer doesn't suit.

S.
                          Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

"A person who is authorised (licensed driver) to perform any driving of a kind"
                            Surely that means if you have held a standard drivers license for 4 years... hence the quote, "driving of any kind"
                            Re read that... there is a difference between what it actually says and your requoted text.

"of A kind".... eg the same kind/class...... not any kind

Comment

yes for 4 years
                              You know what you get for being a hero? Nothing. You get shot at. A little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy. You get divorced. Your wife can't remember your last name. Kids don't wanna talk to you. Get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy

Comment

Working...
                              X