Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Common university stereotypes and why yours sucks

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Common university stereotypes and why yours sucks

    Seeing as the UWA thread has returned from its minor derailment - I'm here to discuss the shortcomings of universities and harass students about common stereotypes.

    Today I feel like picking on UWA - mainly because they are running on a course model from 20 years ago, have sub-standard lecturers and most of the students are either skinny-jean, left-wing arts students drinking goon on Daddy's money or jock-douchebag engineer/commerce students providing an excellent example of how the private schooling system can warp ones sense of how awesome you really are.

    Feel free to tease Curtin students who weren't smart enough to get into UWA or play on other stereotypes such as Murdoch being full of pot-smoking hippies, Notre Dame being the only uni where you can buy yourself a degree - and ECU being SuperTAFE. (this one is more of a fact)


    So to sum it up - UWA is a fairly average, overrated uni which mainly acts as a conduit for wankers to circle-jerk about how awesome they are. Discuss.

  • #2
    As a UWA mature age - I look upon the skinny-jean wearing arts students/jock-douchebag engineer/commerce students with envy.

    I do not fit those stereotypes.
    Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
    Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by =Stevo= View Post
      Seeing as the UWA thread has returned from its minor derailment - I'm here to discuss the shortcomings of universities and harass students about common stereotypes.

      Today I feel like picking on UWA - mainly because they are running on a course model from 20 years ago, have sub-standard lecturers
      Didnt they have a major overhaul this year with a new course structure and revised lecturers?

      I could be wrong, its been a few years since I went to uni
      Originally posted by polonY
      Don't worry about shitting people off. Unless you ride a ninja 250 or a cbr250rrrrrr

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by devolved View Post
        As a UWA mature age - I look upon the skinny-jean wearing arts students/jock-douchebag engineer/commerce students with envy.

        I do not fit those stereotypes.

        don't get me started on mature ages students... that could take up another thread entirely, only half the posts would be filled with you guys asking questions and talking about how the lecture relates to your 'life experiences'.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by =Stevo= View Post
          don't get me started on mature ages students... that could take up another thread entirely, only half the posts would be filled with you guys asking questions and talking about how the lecture relates to your 'life experiences'.
          Of course the other option is to behave like a dumbass 20 something and stare blankly at my own crotch while dreaming of some experimental homosexual act in the toilets...
          Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
          Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

          Comment


          • #6
            ECU students = hot chesty blondes with tanned bodies that make Koola and Fonzy lose their loads in their pantaloons on a daily basis.

            And the chicks are pretty smoking too.
            Originally posted by Melkor
            The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by devolved View Post
              As a UWA mature age - I look upon the skinny-jean wearing arts students/jock-douchebag engineer/commerce students with envy.

              I do not fit those stereotypes.
              You're that guy aren't you. The mature age student who asks the lecturer questions just to show how smart you are.
              When due process fails us, we really do live in a world of terror. — JC Denton

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jmoore View Post
                Didnt they have a major overhaul this year with a new course structure and revised lecturers?

                I could be wrong, its been a few years since I went to uni
                Yeah, I believe that is the case - although I'm sure it is just an excuse to lengthen each course by a year and grab more cash - all under the excuse that this is what the 'world leading' universities do.

                ECU does have some hotties, but they are so far North that it is practically the country. I didn't see the words 'country TAFE' included in the thread title.

                Comment


                • #9
                  ^^ You're that guy aren't you. The guy who sees "mature age student" and thinks "ooh I'd better post my entirely original and not at all dated jibe about how mature age students ask the lecturer questions just to show how smart they are" just to show how smart you are.





                  Last edited by The Saint; 28-03-2011, 09:50 AM.
                  Originally posted by Melkor
                  The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    What's up Stevo, did a UWA grad steal your lunch money? So much hate!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by shmoo View Post
                      What's up Stevo, did a UWA grad steal your lunch money? So much hate!
                      I worked hard for that lunch money! The UWA grad didn't need it though, daddy had already handed him enough for lunch - with some spare change for an 07 BMW 325

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        ECU Joondalup: where the first year nursing students make going to campus worthwhile. And the mature-age nursing students make your balls shrivel in fear.
                        Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon! Press the brake foot as you roll around the corners, and save the collapse and tie up.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If they're not giving free gobbies outside the library, I'd hardly call going to Joondalup worthwhile.
                          Originally posted by Melkor
                          The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Well I attended the #3 uni in Brisbane, and later on the #1 uni in Rockhampton, so I thumb my nose in your general direction
                            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Not sure if it's just Curtin - but they need to start hiring people with relevant experience int he field they teach. I have had some lecturers give information out that is 10-15 years out of date!

                              Most memorable one was a guy saying that some Australian company had developed an 8 tipped CNC cutting head that could cut at 9000rpm and it was the fastest in the world... problem was that at the machine shop I worked at 5 years before that we had one that worked at 13 000rpm... Plenty of other examples I can think of too.

                              Not sure If I count as a mature age student though - started at 24...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X