Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Origin of the universe?

factlets - Our Universe could have been born in a black hole
    "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

All knowing bitch.

Comment

So if everything that we know is out there can be calculated to have come from a medium black hole.
      Imagine how much more is really out there that we don't know about, or someone forgot to move the decimal place ....

Comment

We cannot even predict weather reliably...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Comment

CNN reporter - "After a 10 month journey through space excitement builds here a NASA as the $125 million Mars Orbiter moves to with two miles of the planet's surface".

NASA Engineer- "Did he say miles?"
          -

Comment

Holographic principle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the theory suggests that the entire universe can be seen as a two-dimensional information structure "painted" on the cosmological horizon
            The holographic principle was inspired by black hole thermodynamics, which implies that the maximal entropy in any region scales with the radius squared, and not cubed as might be expected. In the case of a black hole, the insight was that the description of all the objects which have fallen into the hole, can be entirely contained in surface fluctuations of the event horizon. The holographic principle resolves the black hole information paradox within the framework of string theory.
            The holographic principle states that the entropy of ordinary mass (not just black holes) is also proportional to surface area and not volume; that volume itself is illusory and the universe is really a hologram which is isomorphic to the information "inscribed" on the surface of its boundary.
            sounds like holographic theory

you know, that means fate wins out and freedom is just the delusion of a self aware mind. the choices and decisions you make and which lead to the next set of choice/decision were already encoded in minimum entropy binary across a black holes event horizon before time began.
            Last edited by g0zer; 29-03-2011, 12:13 AM.
            Originally posted by Bendito
            If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Does this mean I can quit taking fish oil?

Comment

REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                (anarchy in english )

Comment

all you deniers of religion! it must be big business pushing these crazy skeptical ideas.

Why dont you conform like everyone else and believe in the one god? There has been an overwelming consensus that god made the universe for almost 2000 years.

I know lets spend billions of dollars on research grants to prove this idea (and ignore all others).

Comment

Might just be wast from a bright green lump also .
                    Then again , maybe the god thery has merrit.
                    Just wich one to pick , Hmmmm
                    I do like the god of ARSE
                    ARSE govern who gets laid, pool shots , card hands.
                    How often do you hear "that was ARSE"
                    Black hole , pink hole green lump , God.
                    we will never know.
                    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                    (anarchy in english )

Comment

Originally posted by gordonleslie View Post
                      all you deniers of religion! it must be big business pushing these crazy skeptical ideas.

Why dont you conform like everyone else and believe in the one god? There has been an overwelming consensus that god made the universe for almost 2000 years.

I know lets spend billions of dollars on research grants to prove this idea (and ignore all others).
                      Please tell me you are joking and didn't just turn this thread into a religious debate...

Comment

i am joking - and trying to draw parallels with global warming (called climate change now in case it gets cold too).

Comment

Originally posted by gordonleslie View Post

Well, it appears that holographic theory appears to state that I have no free choice in the matter, and it was inevitable and beyond my control that I would call you an arse.

Comment

Originally posted by xphread View Post
                            Well, it appears that holographic theory appears to state that I have no free choice in the matter, and it was inevitable and beyond my control that I would call you an arse.
                            I am a god or something
                            A Demi God ???
                            REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                            (anarchy in english )

Comment

Originally posted by shan View Post
                              I am a god or something
                              A Demi God ???
                              No, If I understand it correctly, I gather the complete opposite. ie. You have no control over your surroundings or even your own choices.... as they have always been specified and will be "played out", in the full and traditional notion of "fate".

My feeble and tiny mind cant comprehend how that is possible.

The parallel universes (multi-verse) possibility that M-theorists seems to suggest, makes more sense to me.
                              ie all possible outcomes and (infinite) choices actually exist... its just that we only experience one as a "snapshot" until we as observers move (or somehow choose to move) to an alternate possibility.
                              That way we can appear have free will, yet still not technically change anything... we just experience alternative options/outcomes through our "choices".

It all gets a bit deep for a Tuesday morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X